The Headmaster

Serena was so busy with schoolwork that she had to find time to write up the team roster and post it to the bulletin board in the Slytherin common room. She didn’t find time to do it until Thursday night. She tacked it up on the wall and was very content with her decision.

Slytherin Quidditch Team

Chasers: Serena Carrow (Captain), Adrian Pucey and Carmelita Thomas

Beaters: Peregrine Derrick and Lucian Bole

Keeper: Miles Bletchley

Seeker: Draco Malfoy

Reserve: Marcus Flint, Cassius Warrington and Graham Montague

Note: Practices will begin promptly at 7:00 beginning on October 2nd. Please arrive at 6:30 if you are in need of a new uniform.

            “You actually did it,” said Olivia as she came over and placed her hand on Serena’s shoulder. “You made Carmelita Chaser and gave Flint the boot.”

“We didn’t think you had it in you,” said Maggie appearing on her other side.

“Carmelita was better,” said Serena. “Cassius and Graham were good too – but they like to take after Marcus and cheat. I won’t allow it.”

“Good for you, Rena,” said Maggie.

“But did you have to put Miles on the team?” whined Olivia.

“I know, I know, I’m sorry,” said Serena. “But he’s the only one who went out for Keeper. He’s the best man for the job. No worries Liv, I won’t go easy on him.”

“Thanks,” mumbled Olivia as she made her way over to the couch.

“I bet Flint is going to freak,” said Maggie. “He’ll be after you because of this. I hope you know that.”

“He needs to learn his lesson,” said Serena. “I’m not going to let him control my team this year.”

“Atta girl. Come on, I need your help with my Charms homework,” said Maggie as they joined Olivia on the couch.

When Marcus found out that Serena had put him as a reserve, he did exactly what Maggie said he was going to do. He freaked out. He called Serena a lot of bad names, but other than that, he didn’t do much else. Serena knew that he wasn’t over this so she’d have to be on her guard. When the weekend rolled around, Serena had spent most of her time with Oliver. They walked around the Black Lake holding hands and talking about their first week of classes.

“No way, he called you a stupid slag!?” demanded Oliver referring to Marcus Flint. Serena had told him all of the nasty things Flint had called her when he found out about the team.

“Yeah,” said Serena laughing. Oliver didn’t think it was funny. “But don’t worry. He’s a tosser. I didn’t take offense to it.”

“Where is he?” asked Oliver as he looked around as if Flint would appear out of thin air. “I’ll teach him a lesson.”

“Please, Oliver,” begged Serena as she pulled him to face her. “Don’t start anything. I’m fine, really.”

She kissed his lips and he seemed to forget about what they were talking about. She loved having this power over him.

“Fine,” said Oliver. “If you say so. But if he says anything else to you, then let me know.”

“I will, I promise,” said Serena. They continued walking and Serena decided to show Oliver a few new tricks that she had learned with her powers.