04

Toshinori Yagi winced as he cleaned his new wounds before wrapping them in gauze and collapsing on the couch. He'd been released from the hospital for awhile now and had taken some time off from teaching to make sure his body healed and that he got some rest. The reality of though was that he really needed to be away from that school so he could gather his thoughts and figure out what to do about Izuku.

His protege had truly gone off the deep end and now he feared that no one would be able to stop him. He'd given his quirk, the almighty power of One For All, to a boy whom he thought would become the next symbol of peace; his successor. But he was wrong, Izuku was nothing like he'd said he was. For the longest of time the boy had been shy, humble, and determined to be the best he could be, and then within a few weeks he'd completely changed. Maybe he'd been too hard on him with the punishments but he thought that the teen would understand why he was being reprimanded and take it in stride. But no, he'd gotten so mad that he allowed himself to be swallowed up into the darkness, and in his anger he'd...killed his own mother. That was the worst of it, he didn't care that he had tried to kill him with a knife when he was weak, but rather he cared about the fact that he'd really taken her life without a second thought.

It was when he heard about that, that he questioned whether or not he actually ever knew him. The kid he'd known would never have done something like this but at the same time, was her ever the kid he'd known? Had all of this been a ploy, a trap set so he could steal One For All, master its power, and then reveal himself to be truly sinister? He sure hoped not. If he ever him he'd have no choice but to take him down and bring him to justice, but he prayed there was a logical explanation for all of this and that he was just running scared because he didn't know what to do. He prayed that it wasn't his fault. He sincerely did.

While he sadly remembered the boy's smile, a shockwave of energy caused his entire home to shake while the power went out for a split second. What was that?! It almost felt like...oh no. For all the years he'd been its user,  of course he would recognize the power signature of the quirk. One For All had just been used, but where? Outside a window he could see that there was a large plume of smoke coming from an area in the city. Izuku.

"No...don't tell me you're really doing this..."

The answer was pretty simple, but him being the type of person that he was he just couldn't believe it. Until he saw it again with his own eyes he wouldn't believe that the boy who'd become like a son to him would do something so...evil. He knew what he had to do. With his resolve hardened, Toshinori grabbed a jacket and used some of the remaining embers of One For All to pump up his legs so he could boost himself across buildings. Something out of Izuku's book.

"Hang on kid, I'm coming!!"
--
The entirety of class 1-A sat inside the waiting room of a hospital, praying to the gods that the doctor would have good news for them. But...it wasn't looking good. Several people ranging from ages 6 to 34 were injured during the blast and already had doctor's giving families the terrible news. This was just sick and inhumane. Who would blow up an elementary school?! They were just kids that never stood a chance and should never have had to stand a chance against something like that.

But the one thing that was inside everyone's mind was the culprit behind this sinister attack. They'd have to be so evil to the point where there was no hope for redemption, not incarceration. They'd have to be taken down and slayed like the monster they were. Put down like a goddamn dog.

Todoroki was the most upset however. He'd known about the little excursion for awhile now and had even signed off on Uraraka and Kota going since he didn't need anymore bad blood between them and the league, but now he was regretting that decision in its entirety. It was his fault, he'd allowed them to be blackmailed into this sadistic little game and thanks to it, several parents mourned the loss of their children tonight but didn't know why. But he knew.