PSA

Hello,

As many of you may know there has been a great unrest in our streets for the past week revolving around the death of one George Floyd, who was mercilessly killed by a cop. As someone of African American blood (albeit mixed) I feel as though I must address the events that have transpired recently since I have the platform to do so. This book gets the most likes and responses so here goes nothing.

As many of you may know,  protestors have taken to streets to show their displeasure with our law enforcement and the government as a whole. Many of these protests have turned extremely violent and resulted in reprehensible behavior and aimless destruction that have cost several people their livelihoods, homes, and more importantly their lives. I live in New York and the violence has even reached here. Just last night a woman of color and her daughter were assaulted by protestors who wanted to get into their shop to rob them. The daughter was severely injured and is currently in the hospital. This. Cannot. Stand.

I'm not saying for people to stop rioting for it is your god given right to do as you please in times of crisis, but please for the love of God think about what you're doing first and most of all, BE CAREFUL. Our President is considering using and has used military presence in civilian areas to get everything under control, and trust me when I say they're not playing around. Around the corner from my house is a Wal-Mart and guess what's in the parking lot? A private owned military Humvee, with several soldiers just WAITING for someone to make a wrong move. People have blown up cars, vans, and buses in my area as well, with explosions literally shaking my house so bad to the point where I've armed my mother and grandmother so that we can be safe during this time of crisis. My sister who lives is Chicago has informed me that now there's a whole race war in Chicago involving African Americans and Mexicans. Someone was stabbed through the face with and sword. A literal SWORD. A pregnant woman was stabbed in the stomach and lost her baby. A family was held hostage. Enough is enough!

There are better ways to do this, but I'm not one to judge nor am I telling anyone how to take out their frustrations. I'm only asking that you please be safe out there if you're going to protest, and to not make any aggressive moves towards these people. They already have their orders and reasons to kill us, don't give em another.