06

This was never supposed to happen, this was something that was his responsibility and no one else's. But of course he had to get caught up in his personal feelings for the boy, and allow him to handle something he knew he never had the power to. Now look, just another up and coming hero in the hospital hooked up to life support with a 30/70 chance of survival.

Katsuki Bakugou's unconscious body breathed with the help of a machine while his vitals were checked by a doctor on a screen. He'd found him in a decimated train station looking as bad as he probably felt, so he'd raced him to the hospital without a moments hesitation. Eighty-six bones that were fractured or broken, a lacerated spinal column, a collapsed lung, and a large amount of internal bruising/bleeding. Add that to the severe concussion and you had one Bakugou in horrible shape because of him.

"A-All Might?"

He turned away from the room and saw that two teens were standing beside him with looks of concern plastered across their faces.

"Kaminari, Kirishima, I take it you've heard."

"Yeah, and we rushed over as fast as we could!!"

"What's up with Bakugou? Is he gonna make it?!"

"Boys...you're friend is strong but, I'm not so sure about this. He sustained an abundance of damage and it's not looking good. I fear you may have to prepare yourselves and everyone else for the worst."

"No...goddammit no!!"

"You're wrong!! Katsuki would never let something like this stop him, just you watch!! He'll pull through and come back ten times as strong!!"

All Might just watched as Kirishima stormed past him into the room, leaving him with a distraught Denki. But now was not the time to get caught up in emotion, now was the time to end this nightmare once and for all. But before he could do that, he would need to talk to someone first.

"Kaminari, they both need you right now and I feel as though you're the only one who can talk to either of them while also relaying the message to everyone else. Can I rely on you?"

"O-Of course sir!"

"Excellent, then I'll be on my way."
--
Another sip along with another puff and he was back to staring off into space. Loss, it was such a fickle thing to someone like him since he'd been losing since birth. An unstable quirk, overbearing father, weak mother, lab rat siblings, and now all of this. Just one big joke.

"Hmph, you think you can take me you little bastard?"

"J-Just stop...can't you see that we can't go anymore?!"

"All I'm hearing is bunch of weak babble coming from one of my multiple failures!!"

Now that should've stung but when you were used to hearing that throughout your entire life, it sort of lost its bite. This was the fate of any who'd been born into the Todoroki bloodline. He really felt bad for the new bastard growing in his mother's stomach, for he knew that the kid was coming into a world full of pain, regret, abuse, and all around negativity.

"Get up, I'm not raising any failures."

"Asshole..."

"What did you say?"

"I called you an asshole... What? Can't hear behind that shitty hero getup?"

"Hmph, if you've that much bravado to speak to me like that then you should no trouble landing a singular blow on me. Do that, and I stop this whole thing."