Chapter 2: What year am I in?!

Third POV

Thousand years later…

Somewhere in snowy place where blizzard blow at the small cabin, a woman with 2 young boys around 6-7 years old, one with the black haired and other with white haired. The woman who is known as the boys master, chuckle at them while watching the duo practice their ‘magic’.

“Urgh! Why does it so hard to control?!” The black haired groan, collapse backward on the snow.

“It’s because you’re weak, idiot.” The white haired boy mocked him.

“Why you--!”

“Stop it. The both of you.” The woman interfere the fight. “You can’t fight forever and you won’t improve if you keep this up!”

“Sorry.”

“I’m sorry, Ul”

Ul, laughed and ruffles their head with a smile. The boys pouts before something catch their eyes at the forest. The black haired name Gray, point his finger at the forest and spoke, “There’s something over there, Ul.”

“Huh?”

She narrow her eyes before push the boys to the cabin, “You two go inside. I’ll go into the forest.”

“Bu—“

“Just go.”

They reluctant nodded their heads and went inside the cabin leaving Ul to check in the forest. She walked slowly towards the dark forest, keep on guard just in case if an enemy approach to attack her but what she doesn’t know is that there’s a big ice crystal up ahead. She frowned, taking few steps forward to look closer inside the crystal, gasps in shocked.

“What the…”

In the crystal, there’s a teenage girl frozen and hugging a book close to her chest while closing her eyes as if she was dead. But to Ul, she knew that when a person frozen in ice, she is still alive except that the person has stopped aging that’s all.

“Who did this to you?”

Without wasting any time, she touch the crystal and use her magic to unfroze the ice causing it to cracks into pieces. The girl collapsed on the soft snow, unconscious but still breathing as what Ul expected earlier. She cares her cheek with her fingers softly, “Her body temperature is cold…” She state before lift her up in her arms, surprise her that she’s lighter.

“Oh dear… You’re losing weight…” She stare down at her in concern.

Even though she is wearing an unusual hoodie clothes covered her head leaving only her face but she still feels cold. There is something… she felt something warm and the need to protect the girl when she carried her at her arms. By the looks of the girl’s pale face, she’s fragile and defenseless. Take her away from the forest and rush towards to reach the cabin.

Meanwhile inside the cabin…

“Do you thing something bad might happened out there?” The white haired boy ask.

“I don’t know. Don’t ask me, Lyon.”

Before they could argue, the door suddenly burst wide open reveal Ul carrying a teenage girl in her arms while breathing heavily. “Ul!” the boys shouts in unison. They rush to her but stopped when they sees the girl. “Who’s that?”