The girl

A/N: Explicit content marked with *. Skip to the next star to read past explicit content.

Every night with Dahyun was so different to what I had experienced while searching for my soulmate. I don't remember when it started, all I know is that I'm addicted to her saying my name over and over and over.

I had been with Dahyun, officially dating for over three months, which was a real milestone for someone like me. I had never stuck with someone longer than two weeks before I met her. I guess there was just something special that she had that I could never find in anyone else.

The first time we had sex must have been the at the start of our second month, which was also a huge change to the way I dated. Previously I would have jumped straight into the sex and leave... but I never felt the need to do that with Dahyun. I don't remember much about our first time at all. All I know is that it was different. I wasn't looking for the colours. I wasn't waiting to feel anything. I didn't just want to feel good and go home.

I wanted to love her.

*

I remember this overwhelming feeling of affection for her as she called my name louder and louder.

"FUCK, MOMO!" She panted and dug her fingernails into my shoulders. "MOMO! AHH! MOMO!"

As she calmed down, I remember feeling hot and embarrassed at what I had just done to her. I rubbed circles on her bare back, and she began to laugh. She pulled back to look into my eyes. She was so beautiful... Her eyes disappeared behind the smile I had begun to adore.

*

"Your eyes are the most beautiful shade of brown I have ever seen." Dahyun said to me softly. I think I cried then, and Dahyun held me until I drifted off to sleep.

I cried because I was still lying to her. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't see the colours.

Dahyun went to university on Mondays to Fridays and it had become routine that I would walk her to the train station and kiss her goodbye every morning and wait for her to return late in the afternoon to walk her back to her apartment. I don't remember when this started either. Everything with Dahyun seemed to be a blur of happy, warm fuzzy memories that I wished that I could restore and play back to myself.

We were walking one day in summer, hand in hand. Her hands were so small and warm and as we approached the crossing right before the station, she squeezed mine and pointed to the electronic billboard on a building across the road.

"Have we ever walked holding hands here before?" She asked, her voice laced with awe. "It's just a billboard... but it's so beautiful."

A lump formed in my throat and I shivered despite the heat as I replied: "No. I don't think we have. And yes. It's really pretty."

"Have I ever told you..." She said suddenly, laughing nervously and she took my other hand in hers. Though I loved the feeling of her hands in mine and the closeness of our bodies and I really wanted to hear what she had to say, I found my eyes drawn to a girl walking with a large light shaded suitcase, her hair tied in a messy bun and her face full of worry. Her large eyes searched the faces of moving people who gave her no attention before unexpectedly locking her eyes with mine. I looked away immediately, shivering again and suddenly wishing I had not put on a singlet top. There was something about her gaze.

Dahyun glanced over to where I was looking before continuing. "I know this is weird and kinda sudden and ... I don't know how to say this." She took a deep breath. She was so cute when she was nervous. "I... Momo... I lo –"

"Excuse me..." Someone tapped my bare shoulder from behind and my vision reeled. All at once I could see the reds of the car lights. The greens of the trees and the blues of the sky. It was all so bright and intense, and it was all over in an instant as the person behind me lifted their hand from my shoulder.

It was difficult, but I forced myself to maintain my composure and turned to see the girl that I had made awkward eye contact with before, clasping her hands together in surprise. She'd seen the colours too.

I gave a look to the girl and she seemed to understand. With a sidelong gaze at Dahyun, she immediately composed herself and began to speak like nothing had happened.

"Sorry." She said, her Korean strained. I guessed she was Japanese. I wondered what she was doing here all alone. "Can you speak Japanese?" She asked, true to my prediction. I nodded at her and glanced at Dahyun who signalled for me to continue.

"I'm so sorry." The girl continued immediately in Japanese and bowed. "I was just wondering if you could point me in the direction of the JYP Entertainment building. I'm here for an audition."

My stomach swirled with nerves and my mind flooded with dark memories at her words.

"Yes." I said hesitantly. "Just one moment and I'll show you." I turned back to Dahyun who looked confused and worried about what we had just said.

"What did she say?" She whispered, eyeing the Japanese girl who was waiting patiently. I kissed Dahyun on the nose which made her giggle and spread a warm feeling inside me. Then I started to feel sick when I remembered who was standing behind me.

"I'm just gonna show her to the JYP building. I'll have to drop you off here."

Dahyun glanced at the girl again before kissing me on the cheek and turning away.

Once she was out of sight, the girl spoke again.

"You saw it too, right?" I couldn't look at her as tears came to my eyes. I continued to stare at where Dahyun had disappeared into the crowd.

I just nodded.

A/N: Hi everyone! Thanks for picking this up to read. Please let me know what you think...

Also, a special thanks to kimwig for giving me a shoutout in their amazing story SHY. I don't think this shoutout will do anything because not enough people read this, but I wanted to do it anyway just in case someone reads this who hasn't read SHY or CURSED yet. Please to anybody who hasn't (though everyone probably has) read anything by  kimwig yet, please do.

I love Violeta so much. STAN IZ*ONE

ALSO GET READY FOR BLACKPINK KILL THIS LOVEEEEEE