Truth

I was waiting to pick up Dahyun from the station that afternoon, the black and white of the world seeming to close in on me as the light faded and the street lamps started to switch on. Though I felt suffocated by the lack of colours, I also had a feeling of resolve. I had decided to come clean to Dahyun. I couldn't keep up this lie any longer. I loved her too much for that. But when Dahyun didn't show up at the right time, I began to worry.

Her train always came at 6pm every day. She always took the same train, so there couldn't be a different time... could there? I checked the billboards at the entrance of the station. There were no recorded delays. She should be here. I was just about to call Jihyo when me phone rang. I saw the number was Jihyo's and I answered.

Before I could say anything, Jihyo's booming voice blasted out of the speaker.

"YOU BETTER EXPLAIN WHAT THE FUCK THOSE PICTURES ARE ONLINE." She yelled and hung up instantly.

My blood ran cold as I immediately searched up my own name online. The headlines were buzzing.

MYOUI MINA OF NEW GIRLGROUP TWICE IS SOULMATES WITH HIRAI MOMO, EX JYP TRAINEE?

HIRAI MOMO GETS UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL WITH TWICE'S HIGHEST RANKING MEMBER.

PAPARAZZI SPOTS TWICE MEMBER CAUSING TROUBLE WITH A FORMER JYP TRAINEE ONLY TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO DEBUT.

The articles were littered with crude, blurry images of my hand in Mina's. Her lips on mine. A censored image through the window of my apartment. How could this happen so quickly?

This was bad. My knees felt weak as I realised that it made perfect sense that Dahyun didn't meet with me at the right time. She probably didn't ever want to see me again. I hurt her so much. I traded her, the most precious, most beautiful person in my life, just to see a few colours.

I knew in this same moment of regret that I could be blind and love Kim Dahyun. I could lose my hearing and love her. I could lose all the feeling in my body and love that girl. I didn't care about fate. I didn't give two shits about Myoui. I couldn't believe it have taken me this long to realise what I felt. It took half a year of dating her and sex with a K-pop idol that I barely knew to realise that I loved Dahyun. That wasn't fair on her.

I began to walk toward Dahyun's apartment and rang Jihyo who picked up straightaway.

"Well?" She encouraged.

"Is she with you?" I asked simply. I heard a subtle "Hang up." In the background which I knew was Dahyun's voice. I didn't let Jihyo answer. I ignored the 'STOP' on the crossing ahead and walked across the road, barely dodging the cars. "I'm coming Dubu. I need to talk to you about this."

"You better talk to her, you bitch." Jihyo growled. "You've broken her heart. I hope you realise that. And you've also ripped your and Mina's dignity to shreds."

My legs burned as I quickened my pace.

"I know." I mumbled and Jihyo hug up on me for the second time that day.

I started to run. I knew that I had to get to work again for an evening class at the studio, but I didn't care. I knew I was still running in front of several cars, risking my own life, but I didn't care. I had to fix this. I needed Dahyun.

When I reached her door, I hesitated to knock.

Maybe I should just leave. She probably doesn't want to talk. She probably hates me. I would hate me. Maybe I should just find Mina and live my life with her like I'm supposed to. Maybe I should just...

Mina's voice suddenly rang in my skull. What are you doing with your life right now Hirai? And I knew right then and there that I would never give up when things got hard again. I would not give in to fate.

I knocked.

Dahyun answered.

Her eyes looked droopy, un-fallen tears swimming beneath her dark irises. Her mouth was scrunched up to the side of her face as if she was forcing herself not to cry. She sniffled before stepping to the side silently to let me through. I obliged and she closed the door softly behind me.

I took a deep breath. My hands were shaking so I clutched them together.

"Jihyo just left." Dahyun murmured. Her voice was croaky and shaky, and it broke my heart. "I suppose you've come to justify yourself?" She walked solely into her living room and sat on the tiny couch that we had watched so many movies together on. I took another deep breath.

"There's nothing I can justify. What I did was wrong." I said. Dahyun bobbed her head as tears slowly started to trace their way down her nose.

"So why did you do it?"

Here goes nothing.

"I'm not your soulmate, Dahyun."

A/N: I'm sorry for the late chapter and that it's not edited very well. Regardless, I hope it's not too disappointing. Please let me know what you think :)

There are only 2 chapters to go and I might post them together as they're both very short. Please look forward to them!