Don't mess with fate.

A/N: Explicit content in this chapter. Discretion advised. The beginning of explicit content is marked with *.

Mina stood in front of me. I had just kissed Dahyun goodbye as she boarded her train. It reminded me of the first time we had met almost a month earlier. It also surprised me that nobody recognised her since she was all over the news with her upcoming debut in the new girl group.

We both ran towards each other simultaneously as if pulled by an invisible rope. Our arms flung around the other's neck and our foreheads pressed together. It had been so long since we had seen the colours. I looked around and my eyes lay on the billboard that Dahyun had pointed out so many weeks ago. My stomach churned before being replaced by a knot as Mina kissed my neck slowly.

"Do you know who I am, Hirai?" She asked seductively in Japanese. She ran her fingers slowly down my back before resting just above my waistline. I couldn't speak.

*

Before I knew it, I had taken Mina home to my apartment. Before I could think, my clothes were on the floor and I was trapped between her body and my bed. I only realised what I had gotten myself into when I heard my voice call her name.

"Mina..." I felt like I couldn't breathe. "Fuck. Shit. Oh God."

I could see the red on her cheeks. I could see the red of the scratches I had given her down her back. I could see the red of her lipstick. Then I looked to my bedside table and saw my framed selfie of Dahyun and I.

She was wearing that oversized sweater that I loved the smell of, and her arms were wrapped around me. Her sweater was blue. Her eyes were disappearing in that smile I loved, but for the first time, I could see what colour they were. A plain dark brown. The most beautiful plain dark brown I had ever seen.

I began to push Mina away.

"Stop... M-Mina." I rasped. She ignored me, kissing my neck again and again. "Mina... ahhh." I tried to make out coherent words through waves of pleasure. "We barely know each other." I managed.

She pulled away slowly, her eyes confused. "I don't know how old you are. I don't know what part of Japan you come from. I don't know if you have any siblings. I don't know a thing about you."

Mina's expression returned to deadpan and her fingers caressed my stomach. "I have a girlfriend." I reasoned. "This isn't right."

She sighed.

"Who are you to say that this isn't right?" Her beautiful voice rang in my ears. I felt small pinned beneath her. "This is fate. We're soulmates." She moved her hands lower and I shuddered. "We don't need to know each other."

"I have a girlfriend." I repeated. She shrugged and removed her hand from between my legs.

"You don't seem to give a damn." She poked my chest. Hard. "What are you doing to her huh? You're just playing with her heart. What are you doing with your life now Hirai?" She shoved me harder into the bed, causing me to wince.

"Nothing's right for you is it? You didn't think idol life was right for you, so you gave up." She put a finger near my face. "You don't think soulmates applies to you, so you play with people's hearts and hurt the one you're meant to be with." I looked up to see tears tracing their way down her cheeks before she leaned over and moved her mouth to my ear. "Who the fuck do you think you are. You can't control fate. All you're doing is hurting yourself, me and your so called 'girlfriend'."

A sob escaped my lips as I looked at the framed picture on my bedside once more. Dahyun's smile was the most precious thing in the world to me. I wished I could see it right now.

Mina got off me, which made me feel relieved, and began to dress herself. I couldn't pluck up the courage to follow suit. She smirked as I was unable to stop myself from staring as she re-hooked her bra and pulled on her underwear.

This is when the revelation came. This. This thing that I shared with Mina, someone who I had only known for less than two days, was just like every one-night-stand I had spent during my teen years. No matter how many colours there were when we touched, that feeling of emptiness was still looming over me. Something was still missing.

"I don't want to do this again." I said to her as she gathered her things and began to leave. She laughed lightly.

"You'll be back." She whispered. "Don't mess with fate, Hirai."

A/N: Double update because I was gone for two days. :) Please let me know what you think