Part 15

Continuation of last chapter
YN POV
"I AM SO GOING TO BE THE FAVORITE!" I say while crying moving closer to herc to pick up Ansell. He cowers away from my touch when I get too close.
I stop moving and stand there opting to looking at him. "It's ok Ansell. She is the sweetest person and will help me take care of you." Herc whispers in his ear and ticking his belly succeeding in making both of them laugh. "Can I pick you up now Ansell?" I ask him praying yeasts yes. He nods. I take him from herc very gently and cradle him in my arms. 'I just met him and I already love him.' Alexander, John and Lafayette are around me introducing themselves to Ansell. I notice he's dirty and really skinny 'probably good to give him a bath. "Hey, guys I'm gonna give him a bath, Laf wanna help?" Having absolutely no clue how to bathe a child. "Sure, mon amor, guys go to the store and retrieve some essentials for the petite garçon please." "Sure loves we'll be back soon." As they stepped out of the house Lafayette and I with Ansell in my arms headed upstairs to give him a much needed bath. Walking into the bathroom I see an already drawn warm bath. I have Laf remove the little bit of clothing Ansell has on and place him into the bath. As he sits in the water he looks like this is heaven on earth to him. "You like the bath little one? I ask him while he splashed in the once calm waters and nodded at me. "Laf what soap can I use for him?" As soon as I finish my sentence he comes back with the lavender scented baby shower gels we chose for the twins. "Ahh, here we go mon amor. If it's fine for baby skin it will work for his." I take the bottle from his hand, squirt a generous amount into my hands and start washing his matted hair. I use the comb to follow through the shampoo to remove the knots. As I keep scrubbing I can see ansell has beautiful light brown locks of curly hair. And I rinse the soap out making sure not to get any in his precious brown eyes. Lastly I start washing his body. Ansell has dark brown skin and freckles. "Laf you know what's a funny thought, Ansell almost looks like a tinier version of John don't you think?" Laf looks at him and back at me with a 'heyyy yeah you're right' and nods.
+TIME SKIP+
After they finished his bath
Alexander's POV
"So guys how do you think Ansell got left there? What was his situation before we found him?" I ask herc and John. Herc looked at me and said "He said his aunt left him there 30 days ago. Poor thing was left alone in the cold and rain." John starts to tear up when he heard this but quickly wiped his eyes. "The only thing I want to know is if we will be able to call him son soon. I feel for what he's been through so I want to be able to adopt him." I say with utter seriousness in my voice with passion in my eyes. "Alex don't you think it's too soon. First we need to work on getting forms to foster him, then work on getting more space to accommodate for the twins and what about if his supposed family comes back for him? But after all of this i think we could all agree to adopting the little guy." We walk pass the isle with all of the little boys clothing. Hercs eyes grow wide and he starts picking little outfits, shoes and under clothes for Ansell. He says " You never know when you'll need a tiny suit." As he picks a suit for the little guy. While herc continues his little shopping spree John and I go grab bath stuff, books, toys and art supplies. John grabs the largest pack of colored pencils and says " I want him to be creative like me." While looking at me like he was stating the obvious. I laugh a little and start heading to the self checkout.
It took almost 30 minutes to scan all of that and about 200 dollars but hey, it's all for him. We head to the car and and start to load up to get everything home.