11 A Wrinkle.

Webster and Amala host another in the endless line of kids' pool parties.

Webster has succeeded in producing reality television to the point he need not invite Jerry and Laura. Hal and Mary are also off the list, only because Webster and Hal don't get along. Webster throws the party for his kid's benefit, not for professional currency.

As the Welphelt's car approaches Webster's house, Arlene notes the long line of luxury vehicles. She is even more struck by the scale of the house­­—mansion. Missy has grown accustomed to the displays of wealth.

The scene in the backyard is familiar: Parents in khaki, kids running everywhere, a large swimming pool, and plenty of food and drink. The party has a more relaxed vibe than most of these get-togethers. The colleagues who shunned Paige and Riley have warmed up. Paige and Riley have adapted to the parties, wardrobe-wise. Riley wears shorts. Paige goes the distance in a swimsuit and cover-up.

Webster sees the Welphelts arrive and waves them over to the bar where he stands with Amala. Riley zeroes in on the big difference to this party.

"Alcohol?" He questions Webster's cocktail.

"No Jerry," Webster explains. "People need a day off. Have a drink. Have you met Grady Tuttle?" he introduces his imposing African American friend. "He's my head of development. Grady, this is Paige and Riley Welphelt. Jerry scooped them up to run a mystery whatever, starring who cares." Grady offers his hand.

"Nice to meet you," he says in a thick southern accent.

"You got a kid here, Grady?" Paige asks.

"No kids for me," he says. "I just like to meet people. Get inspiration from their life stories." Arlene inserts herself into the conversation.

"I got a doozie for you." Grady shakes her hand.

"Grady Tuttle," he says.

"Arlene King. I'm Missy's..." Paige cuts her off.

"Nanny." She turns to Arlene, "Why don't you take Missy to the pool? We'll be right behind." Arlene plays along.

"Yes, ma'am. Come on, Missy. Let's have us some fun. Nice meeting y'all."

As she leads Missy away, Grady says, "Y'all? She must be from my neck of the woods."

"Anyone ever refer to your neck of the woods as 'bumfuck'?" Paige says, not seriously asking.

The group lag behind Arlene and Missy at a leisurely pace. From the pool, the children catch sight of Paige and scramble out of the water like it's Amity Island, 1975.

Arlene claims chairs near the pool. "I'm parched," she tells Missy. "Want a cold drink?"

"Sure." Missy remains cool to the woman who gave her up.

Arlene strolls to the bar and bellies up next to a gentleman wearing a wristwatch anyone could tell cost more than a decent used car.

"Hey, sweetie," she says to the bartender, "Could I get a Bud Light and Chambord?"

"How do you want the Chambord?" the bartender asks. It's a reasonable question.

"In the Bud Light. And give me something a kid can drink." Her order disgusts the bartender, but he remains polite.

"Coming right up." Arlene sees the timepiece on the gentleman next to her.

"That's a whole lotta watch you got there." He nods, at first put off by Arlene's hick demeanor, but also attracted to her white-trash delicacy.

While that species intermingling carries on, Paige sees Missy dangling her toes in the pool, alone. She breaks away from the other adults and wanders poolside.