Chapter 6

My uncle grabbed a huge container of gas from the back and threw it at the zombie like people. 
"EAT MY GASOLINE!" screamed Jack. He took a match from the kitchen and through it at the doused goons, immediately lighting them all on fire. They started to run around and fight each other, I guess because they thought the fire was someone hurting them. 

"We gotta run!" said Jack. "This whole place is about to blow sky high in a couple minutes." 

We ran out of the kitchen into the vast jungle. About 5 minutes later I turned and looked back, there was smoke clouding the air above the kitchen. 

"How far away are we going?" I asked Jack. 

"About 10 minutes walk this way." He pointed south west. 

We walked, for what felt like eternity. Eventually we walked up to this monument, kind of like a modern art sculpture. Behind the sculpture was a building, the building read 'institution of biology and technology.' 

"What are we doing here?" I asked. 

"Well, nephew," my uncle said while punching my arm, "We're going to try to find a cure for this disease." Jack swiped his card on a panel to the right of the handle of the door. We walked in, it was like a lab but also with a lot of computers and high-tech gear I hadn't seen before. 

"Grab a lab coat," said my uncle. I put on my lab coat and some glasses. "Now for the hard part." Said Jack. "We gotta catch one of these bastards. I say we do it in a trap; we set one up and when one walks into the trap, we'll get 'em." 

My uncle grabbed some rope and a net, he also grabbed a schnitzel (what else?), to use as bait on the trap. We stood underneath a tree to the right of the trap, with the schnitzel right in the middle of the trap. Sure enough, one of the people who were infected with the schnitzel crazy virus came wandering along and fell into the trap. 

"Right, " said my uncle. "Now that we got him, we can test different medication's on him to try to figure out which method will be the best for dealing with this disease." We grabbed the net with the man inside, and took him back to the lab. 

Jack turned on the lights in the lab and began to grab different chemicals from around the lab, he was mumbling the names of the chemicals he needed as he grabbed them. I heard him say "sodium chloride, chlorine and nitrogen." Under his breath. He was mixing something. He took a vile and poured the condensed liquid into it. Then he strapped the man who was infected onto a patient bed, I mean really strapped him in there. He couldn't move. Jack took the vile of liquid he had and started to pour it into the man's ear. Suddenly a small worm started to crawl out, flailing and wiggling from side to side. The man screamed, there was froth coming from his ear, it looked absolutely disgusting. 

Jack picked up the worm with a pair of metal tweezers and threw it into a beaker, then he sealed the beaker. "What are you?" He muttered to the worm, puzzled. He took the beaker with the worm inside of it and put it on the bench next to his work station. "Hey." He said to me. "Could you hand me that petri dish that is on top of that book over there?" He asked me. 

"Of course." I said, handing the book with the petri dish on top. He put the book down next to the worm on the table. He began to fill the petri dish with some type of liquid, I didn't know what it was. 

"How do you know what all these chemicals are and what they do?" I asked. 

"Well that's what a PhD. in Biochemistry, a PhD in chemistry, and a PhD in Medical will do to you my boy." He smiled, "You see things completely differently." He took the worm out of the beaker with gloves on and sliced part of its body off. Then Jack put it in a petri dish into the over. He said "Let's see if we can grow any special bacteria, cause then we will know if it's bacterial or not. For now, we should go find somewhere to spend the night because as it gates late, it will also get more dangerous; hence the reason we need to go somewhere and find a nice place to sleep. 

"But what about the man just strapped in here doing nothing?" I said. 

"Oh! I had almost forgotten about him, he should be alright by now." Jack said. 

"Mmmrph" said a low voice from the direction of the patient bed. 

"Oh my gosh," I said. "I think he's waking up Jack." 

With a loud cough the man grunted and started snoring. 

Jack laughed, "He'll be up in a couple of hours, the chemicals may have knocked him out. There's nothing really to worry about, he will be fine. Let's get going to the armory, we can get some weapons and spend the night there. They also have their own generator and running hot water." 

"All of that sounds fantastic to me right now." I said. We made out way up a steep mountain, I could see all the surrounding parks from the summit. Right at the top sat a military type armory. "Now," said Jack. "We need a special code to access the main room of the armory. This normally would be a problem, but I know every single code in this entire park, so we get a free pass." We walked inside the facility, there were sleek grey tiles on the floor. Marble pillars were lined up all along the sides of the halls. The building was beautiful, but there was little time to focus on that. Jack was walking fast towards the back of the building; when he got there he punched in a code onto a keypad on the side of the wall. Suddenly a secret door on the side of the wall opened up to reveal a staircase. "We need to go all the way down." said Jack. We began going down flights of stairs. We went down about 6 story's before we got to the room Jack wanted to be in. He flipped the light switch to reveal the whole room was full of guns on every wall. He grabbed a couple hand guns and a shotgun. He also handed me an AK-47.

 "This gun is very powerful and should not be joked around with, it is a weapon and not a toy." Said Jack. As soon as he handed it to me I shot him in the foot. "Nice shot." He said. 

"Now for the best part of this whole journey. We each get to finally take a nice hot shower." He walked down a couple corridors and came back a few minutes later with some towels in his hands. "C'mon." Jack said. "Follow me." I walked behind him for about a minute. We turned the corner to the wash room, it had 8 showers on each side of the wall, my uncle walked down turning all of them on. 

"Right. " He said. "Shower time." He took off his shirt and began to undo his belt. 

"Wait." I said. "Do you hear that?" There was a low rumble and a crash sound. 

"We should investigate." I said.