Chapter 8

We walked up to the shed. There were vines all over it. It was difficult to open the door because the vines blocking it. Jack came by and cut the vines out of the way. Inside the shed lay two all terrain vehicles, four cans of petrol, and a couple gallons of water.

"This is fantastic!" said Greg. "that means we can make it to the laboratory and kitchen faster and find a cure."

We hopped in the 4x4's and began to drive. I sat in one with Jack and Greg drove the other one. We were driving for about 20 minutes before we drove into a large field. Suddenly hundreds of dinosaurs were around. We were in an enclosure. 

"We'll have to pass through this enclosure as a shortcut towards the kitchen. The faster we get there, the faster we can start to work on a cure." Said Jack. 

"Awesome," I said "I wonder if Greg knows why we are passing through the dinosaur enclosure." 

I could see Greg in the reflection of the side mirror, he was driving behind us. We weren't driving very fast because of all the dinosaurs around. Jack was getting very impatient. He yelled "C'mon!" beeping the horn of the car several times. All the dinosaurs turned towards the car and ran directly at it. 

"GET OUT!" I yelled at Jack who was unaware an Allosaurus was bumping the car right next to him. "Get out of the car now." I said, "look at where all dinosaurs are heading." He noticed all the dinosaurs heading towards the car, and he knew if they found out that we were in the car they would destroy the car and eat us. 

"When I say so," Said Jack "run as fast as you can towards Greg's car, I'll cause a distraction so the dinosaurs don't attack you."  He looked around one more time. "3, 2 , 1, GO!" he screamed. I opened my door and ran out towards Greg's car as fast as I could. I hopped into the back. 

Jack drove about 20 feet and honked his horn loudly when he did. He also swerved everywhere 

"What's going on?" asked Greg. 

"All the dinosaurs were attacking the car so Jack distracted them while I ran here to safety, now we need to somehow get Jack into this car too." I said. 

"I think I have a plan," said Greg. "It's crazy but it just might work." 

Greg grabbed a gun, opened his door, and walked out. 

"COME AT ME DINOS" he yelled. 

Suddenly every dinosaur was running at Greg. He started shooting all the dinosaurs which were running at him, but it really didn't seem to make that much difference to the now massive stampede heading towards him. "GAAAHAHAHAHAA" he yelled. Spit was flying out of his mouth when he yelled, his eyes were focused on the dinosaurs, and his arms were shaking from the guns. Suddenly he started running away. By this time Jack had safely jumped into Greg's car. I jumped into the drivers seat and started driving after him. 

"GET IN" I yelled at Greg who was still running away from the dinosaurs. But it was too late, Greg had already ran too far away, and more dinosaurs were coming for us. 

"HES DEAD, DRIVE DRIVE DRIVE!" said Jack. 

I slammed on the accelerator of the car and we sped off.