Chapter 7

We heard a low rumble and crash so we walked out of the bathroom towards the directions of the sounds. 

"What do you think it is Jack?" I asked.

"It could be anything, most likely it's something like the generator, but we can never be too careful." He said. We tiptoed around the corner to the main room and very quietly looked around. I saw a dinosaur I didn't recognize, it was very short and looked like an armadillo. 
"Oh thank goodness." My uncle said, immediately knowing what kind of dinosaur it was. He walked up to it and picked it up. "This is just a small Ankylosaurus." Said my uncle. "He must've wandered in. He was probably looking for food." Jack took a small granola bar out of his pocket and gave it to the Ankylosaurus. "He's a herbivore but if he's hungry he might eat the granola bar." Jack said. "We can give him a wash in the showers while we shower too. He looks pretty dirty." 

We walked into the showers, they were all steamy now because the water had been left on. Jack put down the Ankylosaurus; who waddled around and drank some of the water off the ground.

 It was so good to take a warm shower. Feeling the hot water on my skin always reminded me of our home in Alaska because during the winter it would be so cold that a shower is all you need. I wish I could go back to Alaska, I thought. Back when my dad use to make schnitzel for dinner, and he wasn't trying to kill us. I thought, I wonder where my dad is now? 

We got out the showers and went to check up on the man we had cured. He was laying on the patient bed. He wasn't moving. 

"Hey." Said Jack. 

But the man didn't move. 

"HEY!" said Jack

"Is he dead?" I asked.

"Of course he's not dead," Said Jack "He's just passed out. Hand me that mop and bucket over there in the supply closet." 

"Why?" I said as I grabbed the mop and bucket. 

Jack picked up the bucket and tipped all the water out onto the man. He sprung up, yelling.

"Where am I?" He said.

"You're safe now don't worry." Jack said "You were infected by a disease which made you go crazy. It spreads through the schnitzel so do NOT eat the schnitzel. If you eat even one schnitzel, you will go crazy and start wanting more, that's how powerful this disease is. What's your name?"

"My name is Greg." He said "I'm a chemical engineer from the world health organisation. I was sent here to the island on a mission to help eradicate the new disease. I never thought I would end up having it. They call the disease schnitzel fever, and I am one of the only people on the island who is close to finding a cure for it." 

"That's fantastic!" I said. "we can finally get rid of this disease if Greg finds a cure." 

"Well," said Greg "I need my lab with all my equipment in order to research and try to find a cure. I cannot work in an armory because it lacks the necessary tools I need. " He was pacing around thinking. 

"What is the last thing your remember before being here?" said Jack. 

"I think I remember I was in my lab, I was working on something." Said Greg. "Its really hard to remember because it felt like a typical day. I went out for lunch and then I don't remember anything else." 

"What did you have for lunch?" I said. 

"It must have been Schnitzel. That's why I got infected." said Greg. "If we can get a piece of schnitzel for testing, and an infected subject, I could develop a cure within a few days." 

"Well what are we waiting for." said Jack. "Let's start making our way towards the lab, passing through the kitchen first to make some schnitzel of course. And hopefully we can manage to find a cure and eradicate this disease."

We started walking in the general direction of the lab. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a little shed. Most of it was covered in vines, but the sun reflected off the shed through the cracks in the dense intertwining. 

"Hey," I said to Greg and Jack. "We should go check that shed out." 

"I didn't even see that shed, good thinking." said Jack. "there might even be some nice supplies in there."