Chapter 1: From the Shadows

Word Count: 898 words

Nobodies POV:

It started off as an ordinary routine patrol of the quiet streets of New York City for two of The Mighty Avengers. Captain America and his childhood friend Bucky Barnes, formally known as The Winter Soldier. Everything was peaceful, no attempted robberies, no attempted heists, no nothing. It was quiet, too quiet for the Captain's liking.

That was until they both spotted someone with a red and black symbol on their sleeve who looked to be talking to someone through an ear piece. Hydra! Rogers and Barnes followed the Hydra agent until he led the pair to an opening in one of the streets and disappeared around the corner. They reached the middle of the opening and were ambushed by 10 Hydra agents who opened fire on them. So, they fought back.

Little did they know that a girl dressed in a dirty and ripped uniform wearing shackles on her wrists, neck and ankles was watching the pair curiously from the shadows of the ally way across from them. Her mission is to watch and study the two and report back to her handler.

The fight was going in the Avengers' advantage until The Captain got pinned and Barnes had a gun to his head.

As the girl watched she suddenly had a new feeling wash over her and that was to help the two heroes out of their situation. So, ignoring her handler's strict instructions, of not engaging the pair in combat or helping her fellow Hydra agents, that is what she did.

As the trigger was pulled the girl stretched out her hand and a black mist appeared from her finger tips and engulfed the gun that was trained on Sargent Barnes. Instead, of the bullet hitting Barnes, it hit the agent who had Rogers restrained and he fell to the ground with a bullet hole in his head.

Captain America spotted the girl lowering her hand with the black mist fading around her from the entrance to the ally way.

"Hey kid, wait!" The Captain shouted but the girl looked at him with fear in her bright blue eyes and with that she ran terrified of what her master will do.

Seeing this the standing agent contacted the handler and told him what just happened before Barnes knocked him out cold.

Both heroes took off running, following the path the girl took down the ally way, trying to find her. The girl could sense the two Avengers chasing her, so she turned a corner and jumped the metal fence only to be faced with her handler with rage etched across his face.

"YOU!" he shouted, back handing the small girl.

She stumbled to the ground and sliced the palm of her hand on a shattered piece of glass in the process. Cowering in fear she backed away until her back hit the fence she previously jumped.

"You were supposed to watch and study them not help them. We had the chance to kill The Winter Soldier and the great Captain America and you stopped it!" He stated as the bottom of his boot connected with the girl's chest. She screamed in pain while it dislodged the piece of metal slightly in her chest in the process.

"You are our greatest and most powerful and dangerous asset following in the footsteps of The Winter Soldier. We created you but obviously it wasn't meant to be." He finished, more calmly this time and ending with a small chuckle. The handler pulled out is gun and aimed it at the girl's head.

"I'm sorry my pet you could have been more, but unfortunately you are now a liability and one I cannot afford to be let loose." the handler declared with fake sympathy.

The girl looked at the weapon in fear and immediately shut her eyes. The gun was fired, and she waited for the impact to hit her, but it never came instead it hit something metal. She opened her eyes slowly to be face to face with Captain America his shield stopping the bullet.

Another bullet was fired shortly after and she again closed her eyes only to hear a thud as if something collided with the floor. She opened her eyes and looked over only to be met with the site of her now former handler in a pool of his own blood in the ally way staring right at her.

Terrified she tried to back away even more but couldn't and hissed in pain due to the sudden pressure she put on her hand. Seeing this both Captain America and Barnes slowly knelt down in front of her and gently smiled trying not to scare her even more.

"Are you okay?" The Captain started looking at her shaking form as she just stared back.

Then Bucky stepped in "Hey, we are not here to hurt you in fact it's the opposite. I'm Bucky Barnes and this is my friend Steve Rogers or otherwise known as Captain America." He said gently, placing a reassuring hand on her shoulder.

The girl just blinked at him with wide eyes terrified of talking back and then jerked back away from the contact. But before the pair could ask her anything else she collapsed into an unconscious state due to the metal in her chest being knocked out of place and the amount of pain she's in.