Chapter 9: I have more family then I know

**UPDATED- JULY 6th 2020**

Word Count: 1088 words

"What did you do?!" Bucky questioned with anger.

"I didn't do anything!" Loki spat back standing up equally as angry. "That's it!"

"Enough!" I yell. To be honest I didn't actually know I could raise my voice like that, but I did and it got their attention. "Barnes I'm fine Loki helped me with some of my memories, that's all." I explained a little quieter.

Bucky glanced at me then back to Loki, not believing that the Asgardian didn't do anything. However, the super soldier waved it off and asked what he originally came in to ask.

"Anyway, Pietro's making lunch and I wanted to know of you're hungry?"

"I am a bit, yes." I answered. Barnes then waved his hand for me to follow him and I did to start off with but stopped as I got to the door.

"Wait? Can Loki come to?" I gingerly ask. Bucky grumbles in response so I wave my hand to Loki so he knows he can come.

Lunch was fun. Actually this is probably the best lunch I've ever had or at least one that I can remember. Pietro had made sandwiches and salad which was very filling.

After we cleaned up, we decided to watch a movie as Loki went back to the library. I haven't got the foggiest idea what the movie's called but I'm sat contently in between Pietro and Barnes. Laying my head on Pietro's shoulder, I feel my eye lids becoming increasingly heavier and next thing I know I'm asleep.

I jerk awake to the two boys shaking me and calling my name. Getting up I realise I must have had another nightmare because I'm covered in sweat.

"Are you okay? You were shaking in your sleep and kept begging for something to stop." Pietro asked with concern.

"I... urr... I had a nightmare." I replied shakily standing up. "I'm sorry, I need to go."

I left the room before the pair could stop me. Pietro was going to speed over to me but Barnes grabbed him before he could, telling him to give me space.

Closing my door I collapsed onto my bed crying. Why? Why me? Why can't I sleep like a normal person? Why do I have to have nightmares every night? I repeat to myself multiple times.

Finally I manage to pick myself off my bed and rummaged through my bag to find my sketchbook. The sketchbook Hydra gave me when I was younger to keep me quiet and to design weapons for them.

I then pull out my ripped Afghan scarf that Barnes (well, when he was The Winter Solider) gave me after my mom died saying it was hers.

Plonking myself back on down the bed I cuddle the scarf while flicking through my sketchbook, until I land on a drawing I did of mom. I stared at the drawing for sometime until someone spoke.

"Are you alright? I couldn't help but hear your cries." The voice said.

This creeped me out. I glance around but I don't see anyone or hear anyone for that matter. "What? There's no one here. Please don't say I'm going mad." I think to myself.

"No you're not mad little one. However, this is all inside your head but I only wish to check up on you Brooklyn."

"Wait? Loki?!" I think before getting slightly annoyed that he actually entered my head.

"Get out of my head Loki!" I ordered.

"Yes, yes, as you wish." He sighed. I could almost see him rolling his eyes. "But before I go, I'm on my way to your room as you left your belongings in the library. Also the annoying voice in the walls just informed me that the Avengers are on their way back."  And just like that he left my head.

"He's so annoying. Urgh! How does Thor put up with him?"  I groan in frustration.

Before I could continue with my thoughts a knock sounded at my door. "Come in." I said quietly. The door opened and Loki stepped in handing me my stuff back.

"You're annoying you know that, right?" I comment dumping my stuff on my bed. All he did was chuckle.

"I'm aware." He shrugged not bothered by it. Rolling my eyes I turn away for a moment just as he caught site of my sketchbook. Turning back I saw the look on his face.

"Are you okay?" I question moving forward. Snapping out of his daze he glances to me before going to pick the sketchbook up.

"My sister never was original when it came to names." He mutters running his fingertips over the drawing.

"I thought it was some cruel joke, a trick, when my sister disappeared." He paused looking to me. "But when I looked through your memories, I had no choice but to accept the fact that I was wrong. That I was building my hopes up for nothing." He suddenly spoke. I didn't dare interrupt him, I couldn't.

"Your mother. My sister. They're one in the same and Hydra stole that from you." The Asgardian clarifies, still holding onto the sketchbook. Staring at him with an unreadable expression I manage to force some words out.

"They stole that from you as well." I mutter, moving to stand beside him. Glancing between the drawing and his face, I picked up on the longing he held in his eyes. He never did get over it.

"She loved you, you know." I comment copying him in staring at the page. Loki raises an eyebrow at me as if I was lying.

"Now that I have my memories of her back, I remember everything. Although at the time I was too young to understand her, she always use to tell me stories of the adventures the three of you use to go on. She admired you the most. Believing you were brave for standing up to your father and doing what you wanted. I always wanted to be like you. To me you three where the coolest people on the planet or on Asgard as it turned out." I say giving a half hearted laugh. Loki does the same and was about to speak when F.R.I.D.A.Y. cut him off.

"Loki, Miss Stark, the rest of the team have arrived home and are entering the commons room. However, both Mr Stark and Mr Barton have been injured." My heart stops when I hear this.

I can't loose another parent, not again. I bolt out the door to the commons room with Loki on my trail.