Chapter 10: An Old Enemy And An Injured Friend

Word Count: 1055 words

I burst through the doors to the common room and see my dad covered in cuts and bruises. His suit is littered with bullet holes and scratches, not to mention both his left hand repulser and right rocket boot are destroyed.

Running over to him, I hug him wrapping my arms around his neck as tears fell down my face.

"Are you okay? The AI said... she-she said that you were badly hurt. I can't loose you dad." I cried.

"Hey, shhh it's okay. I'm fine. I think F.R.I.D.A.Y over reacted, I got off pretty light compared to Barton." He states hugging me just as tightly.

Everyone stared at Loki as he came in running but then ignored him as he strolled over to Thor. Probably to tell him what we were talking about earlier.

Dad sits me down next to Steve as he goes to clean himself up. I watch as Clint goes with Bruce to the med bay, no doubt, so I turn my attention to Steve.

"What happened?" I ask.

"Clint got ambushed when we were leaving so Tony went in to help him and well... that happened." The super soldier said pointing to Clint holding his side.

Natasha, Sam and Rhody come back in from wherever they just were and sit across from me. Wanda sits the other side of me before everyone else joins us.

"How'd the mission go?" I ask even though Steve just told me what happened to dad and Clint. Natasha was the one who answered.

"There were some complications but we stopped Hydra before they could finish the experiments."

"So you killed everyone?" I said bluntly, knowing exactly what the ex assassin meant. They all went silent and glanced down before Wanda spoke up.

"Yes, but we did capture the man responsible for the experiments."

"Who?" I questio having a feeling who she's referring to. "I hope to God it isn't him."

"Frank Thompson." Vision pipes up. The colour from my face drains as I tense up when he says that man's name.

The team notices and the group give me concerned looks especially Steve, Thor and Loki.

"What's wrong?" Pietro asks confused as I stand up.

"No! This can't be happening. No, no, no, no, no." I panic. Steve tries to calm me by placing his hand on my shoulder but it doesn't work.

"Brook, what's the matter? Why are you afraid of Thompson?"

"Dad never told you did he?" I question back swatting Steve's hand and backing away from the group of heroes only to be stopped by Thor and Loki as they block my exit.

"Tell us what?" Rhodey questions generally worried.

"Frank, he... he was the one who kidnapped me when I was three. He did the same to mom six months prior." I explain before breaking down crying and falling to my knees. Thor catches me and let's me cry into his chest as he comforts me.

I can sense the groups new found anger towards Frank Thompson and what he did to me and my mom especially Rhodey and the two Asgardians. Due to the commotion I made, dad came marching into the room spotting my crying form on the floor in Thor's arms before looking over to Rhodey.

"Tony. It's him!" Was all Rhodey needed to say as the billionaire instantly understood and tears formed in his eyes. He storms off making Steve and Natasha go after him.

10 minutes passed before I'd finally calmed down and stopped crying. During that time F.R.I.D.A.Y had said something but I couldn't make it out as I was too busy crying.

"How's Clint doing?" I ask quietly still sniffling. Thor looks down at me with sympathy.

"He's not doing too good, Lady Brooklyn. Apparently he was poisoned as well as shot and Banner cannot seem to stop it." The God of Thunder says sadly as he stands up with me in his arms then gently places me on my feet.

Rhodey gives me a tight hug and whispers in my ear.
"I'm sorry Brook. I love you and he will never hurt you again I'll make sure of it." Smiling, I thank him before asking him a question.

"Can I go see Clint?"

"Come on then." We all leave to go to the med bay where the others are. Natasha is sat by Clint's side. She sees me giving me a sad smile.

"Bruce what's the matter with him?" I question. Nat looks up as Bruce answers me.

"Honestly, I'm not sure. What ever I do his body rejects it, it's like the poison is defening him."

"Do you know what it is then?" Natasha asks seeing my face.

"I do, it's an adapted poison that Hydra created to kill enhanced humans. It's deadly even more so to humans." I answer truthfully. "Can- can I have a go?" I ask Bruce. He steps aside letting me by Clint's bed side where his wound is. I look at Natasha.

"I think I can save him." With that I place my hand over his wound letting my powers take over.

Black veins spread from his wound travelling up my arm transferring both the bullet wound and the poison into me. I let go and collapse to the ground.

After couple of moments the wound is healed and the effects from the poison disappear from both of us.

"He should be fine now, he'll wake up soon." I said exhausted.

"What did you do?" Bruce queries.

"I transferred his wound and the poison to me, I can take it he couldn't." I say in an obvious tone. Dad picks me up off the floor and places me on the bed next to Clint before sitting next to me.

"What were you thinking? You could of died!" Dad scolded.

"Like I said Clint couldn't take it and would of died, I can take it so I transferred his wounds." I shot back.

"Wait? Hang on. If you can heal from that then why couldn't you heal the cuts the chains gave you?" Brice realises to which everyone nodded in agreement.

"My powers will only heal it if it's life threatening to me or if I transfer the wounds." I respond honestly.

"That's cool yet kinda creepy." Sam comments.

"Yeah." I agree falling into a sleep.

Author's note: Wow! 1.46k reads is awesome. Thank you guys so much. I never thought anyone would read this let alone like it. Thank you.
-Spnfreak07 oxox