Chapter 11: I Can't Talk To Him

Word Count: 910 words

I slowly wake up and immediately sense three people are watching me. When my vision becomes clearer I realise it's Thor, Loki and Steve.

"What? Why are you three here?" I ask sitting up.

"We are here to make sure you're alright." Thor replies.

"And that take three people? Two Asgardians and a super soldier from the 40s. No offense Steve" I state raising an eyebrow at the three.

"Just like your mother." Loki comments telepathically in my head. Giving Loki is small smile I turn my attention back to Steve.

"None taken anyway that was a brave thing you did for Clint though." He comments happily.

"Did what?" I question momentarily forgetting what I did that made me end up in the med bay again.

"Saving Clint's life." He clarifies.

"Oh okay, it's fine. That's probably one of the only positives about my powers." I mumble.

I'm pretty sure Loki was about to say something but Steve beat him by speaking first.

"Anyway, Tony wants to speak to you when you feel ready. He's in the workshop."

"Okay, let's go then. Urrr... Steve? Can you show me where this workshop place is?" I gingerly ask.

"Yeah that's okay." Steve agrees. We wonder off through the compound until we reach the workshop.

As we get to the doors of the room I spot dad fixing something. I think it's his Iron Man suit. Or at least one of them anyway. I glance up at Steve who nods so I push the door open as Tony stops what he's doing to look at us.

"Urr... Steve said you wanted to see me?" I ask. Steve follows me in as dad gestures for us to sit down on the bench as he sits in an office chair.

"How you feeling kiddo?" He asks avoiding what he actually wants to ask me.

"I'm fine but what do you want to ask me?" Getting slightly annoyed. Dad glances past to Steve who returns to look.

"Tony!" The super soldier warns as if to mentally tell him he's the one to ask me and to stop avoiding the subject.

"What?" I say looking between the pair. Tony just sighs.

"Umm... Brook, Frank Thompson won't talk to us and we thought... we thought you might be able to get him to talk." He shifted in his chair. This sent me through the roof. "How could he? How could all of them?"

"No!" I shout standing up to leave.

"Brook please!" Steve says grabbing my wrist.

"Get off me!" I yank my wrist out of his grip. "How could you possibly think this is a good idea? You don't even know what he's done to me, what he got Barnes to do to me. I mean yeah, you saw what he did when he took me from you that night but that's only a fraction of what that man is capable of!" I shout at Tony letting my anger control my words.

Tony and Steve were rendered speechless due to my outburst but also I could see a hint of fear in their eyes.

Becoming concerned I look past them both to see object floating around us in a black mist. Realising my powers had taken over too I shake my head releasing the objects placing them back down.

I glance at them before running out the workshop and back to my room. I can hear them shouting my name behind me but I choose to ignore them.

"Geeze, you think Steve being a super soldier he'd be able to catch up with me." I think as I run into my room locking the door.

"F.R.I.D.A.Y make sure no one enters my room especially dad and Steve." I tell the AI.

"Yes Miss Stark." She replies as I hear the lock on the door click. Grabbing my scarf I slide down the door sighing.

"I don't know what to do mom. I miss you." I mutter to myself as footsteps approach the door.

"Brooklyn it's me. You're right I don't know what he did to you but please you're the only person who can get Thompson to talk." I hear dad plead from the other side of the door.

"Why?" I ask.

"What?" Dad mumbles.

"Why? Why can't Wanda or Natasha do it?" I question back quietly.

"They've tried and they couldn't get him to talk but you do." I think about what my dad just said debating whether to do it or not.

"I'll do it but on one condition." I pause sighing. Standing up I unlock the door and look Tony in the eyes. "As long as I speak to him alone. He won't talk otherwise." I offer to which he reluctantly nods.

I wrap the scarf around my neck and follow dad back to the common room. We walk in to see the team's expecting faces.

"She'll do it only if she talks to him alone." Dad declares wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

They all look shocked and some were going to protest but Steve spoke first. "He's in the detention room. I'll show you but me and Buck will wait outside the room as the others are staying in here to watch what happens on the monitors." Steve reassures me. Nodding I follow the super soldier and former Winter Solider.

"If it becomes too much just walk out and come back here okay?" He warns standing outside the door. I nod and walk in.

Author's note: Ah, cliffhangers don't you just love them? 😂
-Spnfreak07 oxox