Chapter 16: Maximoffs Advice

Author's Note: I genuinely didn't mean to completely abandon this book for goodness how long. But here it is, the next chapter. Sorry it's taken me so long.

Word Count: 969 words

Knocking on Wanda's door I hear her speak, allowing me in. Opening the door I poke my head round to see both of the Maximoff twins sat on Wanda's bed.

"Brook!" Pietro excitedly announces jumping up and hugging me. Alls Wanda did was shake her and laugh.

Letting me go he steps back as Wanda coughs, signalling that she wants to talk. Looking at her we both nod giving her our full attention. "What can I do for you Brook?" She asks.

"Have you seen Loki?" I ask.

Taking a moment to think, Wanda shakes her head. "No, I can't say I have. Why?" The witch returns intrigued.

"Just need to ask him something is all." I smile walking over to her, sitting beside her on her bed. Pietro follows but stands in front of us instead.

"Is it about your necklace?" He questions. "Did you hear your mother's voice again?"

Looking at him I nod. "What did she say?"

"Pietro!" Wanda warns hitting his arm.

"Ouch." The speedster groans before realising why his sister just hit him. "Oh um... sorry." He apologises.

"It's fine." I laugh. A silence fall over us for a moment before I speak up again. "Hey, urr... random thought." I pause as they look at me. "Have you noticed that my dad and Thor have been acting weird?

Pietro shakes his head, more so in confusion then anything, whereas Wanda looks at me with a knowing look. "I have. The moment either you or your mom becomes the subject of the conversation they seem to glance at each other before changing the subject." She explains.

Taking in what she said I glance down at the book in my arms. "Huh." I mutter to myself.

"What?" Pietro questions.

"I think they're hiding something from me." I quietly answer once I rejoined reality.

Glancing down at the book Pietro looks back up at me. "Is it about the book?" To which I nod.

"Half of the pages have nothing on them." I sum up making the twins stare at me with confused expressions. Sighing I open the book and flick through the pages showing them what I mean.

"Wanda can't you use your powers to retrieve the pages?" Pietro asks turning his attention tion to his sister.

Glancing at him, Wanda turns back to me holding her hand out signalling that she wants the book. Handing it to her she opens it to the blank pages, going silent for a moment. "I can't. It has to be done by the person who cast the spell in the first place." She announces sadly looking between us.

"Yeah and I bet I know who did it." I comment taking the book back.

"Loki?" The speedster asks to which I confirm by a nod.

"Why would he do it?" Wanda chips in.

Glancing down at the book I shrug. "I don't know." I mutter. Before I could say anything else Wanda speaks again.

"Perhaps Bucky will know?" Hearing this made both me and Pietro stare at her in confusion making her sigh. "Bucky's known you since the day Hydra took you so perhaps he knows what's so important about the pages." She shrugs.

"I guess it's worth a shot." I reluctantly agree. The twins smile at me as I stand up, however, the semi good mood that I was in suddenly disappears as a thought pops into my head. Wanda instantly notices.

"What's wrong?" Letting out a defeated sigh I plonk myself back down on my friend's bed.

"I just don't get it?"

"Get what?" Pietro chimes in.

"Dad, Thor and Loki." I pause glancing at the twins. "I just don't get why they're hiding this from me." I gesture to the book flicking through the blank pages. "They're my family. Why would they do this? It's not like I asked for any of this to happen to me." I explain resting the book on my knees and placing my head in my hands.

The Maximoff's stay silent for a moment before Pietro speaks up while moving to crouch in front of me. "Brook, look we don't know the reason to why Stark, Thor and Loki have erased the pages but they must have had a good one. They wouldn't have done it otherwise." He explains pulling my hands away from my face and holding them in his all while I kept my focus on the book.

Once his words registered in my head I moved my attention from the book to his face before giving him a confused look. "But why? There is no reason. They just don't trust me." I protest.

Rubbing small comforting circles on my back, Wanda agrees with her brother. "My brother's right though Brook, we can guess all we want but we don't know the reason to why they've done this." Pulling her hand away she places it on my shoulder making me look at her. "Your best option is to speak with Barnes. See if he knows anything." She urges.

Taking this all in I sit there for a moment longer before coming to a conclusion. "Okay." I agree. Seeing that I've listened to what they've said they smile like idiots to each other, well more so with Pietro then Wanda.

Rolling my eyes at them I let out a small chuckle. "You two are weird." Wanda laughs whereas Pietro looks at me pretending to be hurt by the comment. It doesn't last long as he soon bursts out laughing which in turn makes him let go of my hands.

"It takes a weirdo to know one." He sasses back.

Moving back a bit Pietro let's me stand up so I can leave. Sticking my tongue out at him I smile innocently before promptly leaving the room, closing Wanda's door behind me.