Chapter 4: She's Awake

Word Count: 967 words

The Med Bay- 6 Hours Later
Brooklyn's POV:

I feel myself coming around but I chose to keep my eyes shut just incase the Hydra agents are there. However, it's not Hydra that I can sense but either way who ever is in the room is watching me.

I have to admit this bed is actually really comfortable, I could lie here forever. Hang on? I sleep on a dirty, concrete floor in chains not a bed unless...

My eyes snap open ready to fight any of the scientists who try and inject me with drugs. But the first thing I notice is how clean the room is and it smells... fresh, not of blood or sweat.

Then I remember the events of last night and the two people I chose to save and who in turn saved me.

Wait? I recognise on of them. Not the one that was in the star spangled suit but the one with the dark long hair and the metal arm. No, he's here. Winter! He'll punish me for disobeying my handler.

Now I'm fully awake and stare at the person who's been watching me. He looks familiar but I don't know him or do I?

"Sir, Brooklyn is now awake and is starting to panic." A female robotic voice said out of thin air. That's not my name?

But as I think that I glance down spotting all the wires that I've been hooked up to and begin struggling more. At the same time the man looks at me with relief and longing in his brown eyes. "I do know him."

"Hey, hey, it's okay. You're safe, no one is going to hurt you." The stranger quietly said to calm me down, which it did.

"кто ты?" (Who are you?) I asked. I do know English but I've been trained to speak Russian not English.

"I don't? Urr... F.R.I.D.A.Y. what language is she speaking?" The man seemed confused at my choice in language.

"She's speaking Russian, sir. She asked who you are." The robotic voice said again.

"Okay. Can you send Romanoff in? I think I'm going to need her help."

"Certainly, sir."

Just a moment after the robotic voice finished speaking a woman with short red hair came strolling in and sat in the chair the opposite side of me. I just remained silent.

"What's the matter, Stark?" The red head asked. "Stark? I know that surname."

"She's only speaking in Russian and I don't speak it." The man named Stark confessed. The woman glanced at me and was about to say something when I jumped in.

"Кто ты? Где я? А что ты хочешь со мной?" (Who are you? Where am I? And what do you want with me?) I rattle out trying to pull the wires on me.

"Hey, hey, calm down. Relax. Меня зовут Наташа Романова, это Тони Старк, а вы в Мстительском комплексе. И мы хотим только помочь вам." (I'm Natasha Romanoff, this is Tony Stark and you're at the Avengers compound. And we only want to help you.) The woman I just learned is Natasha reassured me.

I nod my head and look over at the man named Tony just as he gets up but glances at back at me.

"I... I need a coffee. There's some clothes for the kid on that chair." Tony stated sadly as he left the room.

But what I noticed about him was the t-shirt he had on, it was an AC/DC shirt. I remember seeing that shirt before when I was younger.

"У вас есть тетрадь или что-то, что я могу написать?" (Do you have a notebook or something that I can write in?) I ask needing to write that memory down.

"Урр ... да. Там вы идете." (Urr... yeah. There you go.) Natasha responded giving me an empty notebook and a pen that she found in the drawer beside me.

Once she did that, I got straight to writing the memory down. While I was writing Natasha glanced between me and the book curiously. "Что ты пишешь?" (What are you writing?)

"Футболка, я узнаю это. Я не хочу об этом забывать" (The t-shirt, I recognise it. I don't want to forget it.) I put the notebook down once I finished and spotted the pile of clothes that have been neatly folded on the chair near the door, before looking back at Natasha.

"Ааа ... ты хочешь, чтобы я помог тебе переодеться?" (Ahh... do you want me to help you get changed?) Natasha asked realising why I was looking at her. Nodding my head, she unhooked all the wires, helped me off the bed before proceeding to help me get changed. The clothes that were given to me where a grey tank top and a pair of dark grey sweatpants which were a bit baggy on me.

"Это Тони?" (Are these Tony's?) I ask in confusion as to who's clothes these belong to.

"Они, как вы узнали?" (They are, how did you know?) Nat asked back intrigued as to how I guessed it straight away.

"Они пахнут мужским одеколоном, машинным маслом, а они ... они пахнут домом!" (They smell of men's cologne, car oil, and they... they smell of home!) I answer truthfully. "What the hell? Why did I say that?"

Natasha obviously saw my look of shock and gave me a hug. "Ой, милая. Как насчет того, чтобы мы пошли в общую комнату, чтобы вы могли встретиться со всеми и, возможно, спросить об этом Тони? Как это звучит?" (Aww sweetie. How about we go to the common room so you can meet everyone and maybe ask Tony about it? How does that sound?)

I nod my head as she guides me to the common room as she said while I lean on her for support.