Chapter 2: Tony's Assumption of the Girl

Word Count: 1076 words

Looking at each other Bucky carefully picked up the girl bridle style while Rogers called the rest of the Avengers and told them the events of their night patrol. Before asking Banner to have a bed ready in the med bay for when they arrive back at the compound.

Cap carefully ripped a piece of the material off the girl's uniform to make a temporary bandage for the cut on her hand. On the way there what intrigued the Captain the most about the girl was the red circular light emitting from her chest. And he only knows one other person with that in their chest. Tony Stark.

At the Avengers Compound:

The pair quickly raced inside to the med bay where Banner, Stark and Vision were waiting. Bucky carefully placed the girl on the bed and stepped back. But he just couldn't shake the feeling that he's seen her before, like he knows her.

At the same time Banner injected her with a sedative to help her sleep and to calm down.

"She's calming down." Vision pointed out, breaking the silence first before Banner chimed in.

"Well, that should hold her while I tend to her wounds, find out who she is, and most importantly, why Hydra has her. While Tony can remove her shackles..." he drifted noticing the look on his friend's face.

"Tony?" He said trying to get Tony's attention.

"TONY!" Banner tried again raising his voice while shaking the billionaire's shoulders. This seemed to have worked as Stark snapped out of his daze and noticed everyone looking at him.

"No cocky remark, Stark?" Steve said trying to lighten the mood.

"I- I- I know her!" The billionaire said quietly still in shock.

What got Tony when he saw the girl was her bright blue eyes then the red light coming from her chest. An archreactor like his. The room fell silent again after hearing this.

"What do you mean?" Steve asked concern filling his voice. Tony took a couple of moments to study the girl, now lying peacefully on the bed, before answering.

"I mean... She's my... Steve, I think that's my daughter. I think it's Brooklyn!" Tony stuttered full of disbelief and surprise to his best friend. Thinking back, Tony relieved the memory of when his daughter went missing.

Flashback (Nobody's POV):
It's 2:30 in the morning in the peaceful residents of the Stark family at Stark's Malibu house. That was until a little girl no older then 3 woke up with a scream.

The girl with piercing blue eyes, just like her mother, and red arch reactor in her chest, climbed out of her bed and padded across the cold flooring of her bedroom and down the hall to her father's. She slowly opened the door sticking her head through the small gap.

"Daddy?" The little girl asked barely above a whisper. When that didn't work she tried to think of something that would wake her father. So she thought of the silly nickname her Uncle Rhodey came up with.

"Ton- Ton?" She tried again a little louder. Which earned a grunt from her father.

Taking that as a signal she came in and climbed up onto his bed, placing herself in the gap between his arm and his chest.

Tony, now wide awake, turned on the lamp on his night stand and turned to look at his little infant who's eyes had tears threatening to spill. Sitting up, he picked up his daughter and placed her on his lap wiping her tears away with his thumb.

"Hey, what's the matter kiddo?" Tony asked gently.

"I-I had a n-nightmare." She whispered staring at her fingers.

"Was it about mommy again?" He continued, tilting Brooklyn's chin to look at her in the eyes.

Brooklyn nodded before shaking her head while crying into her dad's chest. "It was al-also about you. Daddy you l-leave me. D-don't leave me. I'm scared!" She choked out while snuggling into Tony's neck.

He proceeded to lightly kiss the top of his daughter's head while gently rubbing soothing circles onto her back.

"Hey, hey... shhh it's okay Sparks, no one is leaving you. Mommy knows that, you and I both know that, even Pepper knows that. I mean she would unleash her rage on me. Pep is definitely a woman that I do not want to get on bad side of." Tony explained quietly stroking Brooklyn's beautiful soft dark brown hair.

Hearing this made Brooklyn snicker knowing that it's true before circling the arch reactor in her father's chest.

"Hey come on, let's get some sleep." The billionaire spoke while tucking his daughter under the quilt next to him.

They were just dozing off when a loud bang erupted in Tony's room. A small group of armed men swarmed in restraining Tony and holding a gun to his head. While another armed man, the leader of the group, grabbed little Brooklyn before standing in the doorway holding a gun to her head as well.

"Now now Mr Stark, surely you knew this was going to happen?" The agent holding Brooklyn asked with a thick Russian accent.

"No, please! Let my daughter go, she's just a kid. She doesn't know anything." Tony begged desperately trying to get his baby girl back.

"You see, we can no longer break her mother. So we thought we'd take the one thing she loves the most and can't live without. Her daughter. But unfortunately, it's also the one thing you can't live out either." The agent replied with fake sympathy.

"No please!" Was all Tony could say.

"Oh, don't worry Mr Stark, we're not going to kill your precious little girl. No, that would be too easy. No, we're going to train her, experiment on her, and make her into an even more powerful and dangerous Winter Solider then the one we already have." The agent stated calmly in an obvious tone. Tony didn't even say anything this time, he couldn't, he didn't know what to say. So al he did was stare in fear.

"Oh and by the way Mr Stark, the name's Thompson and you will never see me or your daughter again." He finished with a sadistic laugh.

And that was the last thing Tony ever saw of Brooklyn as a flash grenade went off and all he heard was his daughter's screams for help before darkness over came him.

End of flashback