Chapter 5: Meeting the Team

Word Count: 825 words

When we get there, the room we enter is amazing. The room itself I'd very spacious yet is divided into two sections. A meeting area for missions and debriefing and the other looks more for comfort then anything else.

While I was taking in my surroundings I didn't see that everyone had stopped what they were doing and are now staring at me. Well, not me exactly but the tattoos and scars that Hydra gave me that are visible and not to mention my metal arm.

It's kinda creeps me out so I shuffle slight behind Natasha. Seeing this Natasha breaks the silence. "Boys! Stop scaring the poor girl!"

"Они только смотрят на мою тупую металлическую руку!" (They're only staring at my stupid metal arm!) I mutter to myself but Natasha must of heard it because she gives me a half hearted smile.

"Ah, she's alive!" I hear someone say happily with a hint of sarcasm.

I just give a not impressed eye roll to the unknown man standing beside Natasha, when I notice Tony towards the back of the room holding a glass of whiskey smirking at my reaction. He notices me looking at him and proceeds to stare at me back, his eyes filled with hope for some reason. I know him! I then quickly look down at the floor feeling like I've done something wrong.

"Clint!" Natasha yells scolding the person next to her while lightly hitting his arm. Ah, so that's the strange person who said I'm alive.

"Hey kid, I think it's time for introductions." I perk up when Tony says 'kid'. I've heard that word before like he's said that to me before. Tony then walks over to me and starts the introduce everyone while pointing to them for me.

"So this is Natasha Romanoff but you already knew that, you know my name. This is the comedy clown who said you're alive, Clint Barton. Next is James Rhodes or Rhodey for short and the person who took care of hour wounds, Bruce Banner. Beside him is Vision, then the twins, Wanda and Pietro Maximoff. Then Sam Wilson and I believe you've already met Steve Rogers and Bucky Barnes." He smiles warmly at me. I've seen that smile before but where?

"And guys, this is Brook-" Tony was about to say the name that they keep calling me when he stopped when he saw the fear etched on my face. "Brooklyn what's wrong?" He asks worriedly.

I shuffle backwards but trip as I'm not steady on my feet yet, but Tony catches me just in time.

"T-Зимний Солдат!" (T-The Winter Solider!) I panic but Tony and Nat calm me.

"Hey, hey, it's okay. No one is going to hurt you. I promise." I relax hearing these words come from Tony's mouth for some reason. But when I glance over at Bucky or Winter as I know him, all I can see is his sadness like he didn't mean to upset me.

"You understand English?" A familiar voice said. Looking around to who said the question my eyes land on the person who was with Winter last night. What's his name again? Oh yeah, that's right it's Steve Rogers. I nod my head to his question yet he still seems confused.

"Can you speak English?" Again I nod my head.

"Then why don't you speak English and not Russian?" At this point everyone seemed very intrigued due to thinking the same thing. While all I do I bow my head not wanting to be hit.

"Потому что я ... я не хочу, чтобы меня ударили" (Because I... I don't want to be hit.) I answer sadly still staring at the floor.

"What did she say?" I hear Steve ask but before Natasha could answer a boy with a Sokovian accent answers shocked. I think his name's Pietro?

"She- She said she doesn't want to be hit!" Clearly there's more people in this room that understand waht I'm saying then what I thought.

Upon hearing this everyone gasps and goes silent. I look up at Tony and he looks so angry that he's ready to rip someone's head off. He realises I'm staring at him and his eyes soften before he pulls me into a tight hug.

I'm not one for physical contact but for some reason I could stay in Tony's hug for ever. It just feels so familiar like the hugs my d-dad would do! He's my dad not the guy from Hydra, him, the guy hugging me right now. A tear escapes my eye as I finally remember who Tony is.

"Ton-Ton?" I mumble in a questionable yet sad tone.

"I-I don't know what she said, that's not anything I've heard in Russian before?" Natasha says confused.

"That's because it's not. It's English. It's the nickname she picked up from Rhodey when she was learning to talk!" Tony replied on the verge of tears.