Chapter 1

"Mel! Where's my makeup bag?"

My good friend and flat mate, Elizabeth was yelling from her bedroom as she was getting ready for her hen night. Tomorrow, she's going to be married to Brian May, legendary guitarist of the rock band Queen. Alongside Eva, our other flatmate and good friend, I was asked to be her maid of honour a few months ago, before the band went for their tour around America.

"It's right here, I'm just coming."

I hastily put on my high heels and ran to her room. She was a beautiful woman, with long brown hair tied up in a bun and shimmering brown eyes. Her face was glowing as she was around five months pregnant with her fiancé's baby. She was wearing a pretty aqua blue dress, that covered the bump gracefully, but it was still visible. She gave me a look of relief when I handed her the bag.

"Thank you, blimey, I thought I was going to have to go out looking like a complete mess!" She exclaimed.

I chuckled at her. "Come on, you look great! Stop kidding yourself here!"

We both smiled as she ran into her en suite bathroom. I walked out of her room and went to the mirror, that stood by the living room couch, as our flat was too small to fit it anywhere else. My messy brunette hair was annoying me, so I grabbed a hair bobble and tied it into a long ponytail with my bangs hanging over my forehead. My baby blue eyes reflected back to me, as I applied a tiny bit of red lipstick. I was wearing slim jeans and a bright yellow t-shirt, underneath my fake leather jacket. Seeing as tonight was going to be low key, considering Lizzie's situation, I went for a casual yet edgy look.

Eva came running towards the kitchen, taking a bite out of an apple. She had short bright red dyed hair, which was unfair, as she could make it match every outfit she wore at any occasion. Tonight, she was wearing a slim black dress, with netting tights and big black Doc Martens. She always had an edgy style which was what I loved about her. She stared at me with her bright green eyes, looking confused.

"What? I'm hungry!" She moaned as I laughed at her.

"Never said a word." I rolled my eyes as I took one final look in the mirror and went over to put my lipstick in my handbag.

"Can you believe it's actually tomorrow?" Eva whispered to me, sounding excited.

"I know! She's going to look absolutely stunning!" I answered back.

"What are you girls gossiping about?" Elizabeth yelled from her bedroom again and we all laughed.

"Oh, nothing. Just talking about a certain event that's happening tomorrow." Eva exclaimed, trying to tease her. "Do you know what it is?"

"Well..." Elizabeth tapped her finger on her chin, pretending to think. "Could it possibly be the fact that I'm getting married tomorrow?!"

We all screamed as we hugged each other tightly. We exchanged smiles as we all looked at each other. In some way, we had all grown up so much. To think we all became best friends, thanks to four talented men was quite extraordinary.

There was a knock on the door which gave poor Lizzie a fright.

"Oh no, I'm not quite ready yet. Need to sort out my makeup!" She began to panic.

"Calm down, the makeup wizz is here to save the day!" Eva announced boldly as she grabbed Lizzie's hand and they ran into her bedroom, giggling away.

I ran over to the door and opened it to see Brian standing behind it. He stood there, crouching slightly as he was too tall to fit his head in the door frame. He smiled at me, looking a little nervous when he stepped inside.