Chapter 10

I hardly got any sleep that night in my hospital ward. I woke up in the middle of the night to see that John was lying beside me, dreaming as he had his arms around me. I lifted his arm slowly, trying not to wake him up and I interlocked my fingers with his. I could see that our hands were connected and I smiled as I thought to myself how lucky I was that this man was mine, even after all that we had been through.

I must have drifted off to sleep again as I opened my eyes to see that it was light outside. No-one else was in the room as I sat up on my bed, rubbing my eyes. I saw a bunch of bright purple flowers in a vase that the band must have bought for me as I could recognise Freddie's handwriting on the card. The door opened slowly as Elizabeth and Eva came in.

"Hey!" I was so happy to see them when they came over to hug me, that I nearly burst into tears.

"How are you feeling?" Eva asked as she sat by my side.

"Oh, I've been better." I sighed as there was still a burning pain in my stomach.

"Is there anything we can get you, honey?" Elizabeth questioned.

"No. Just you guys being here is more than enough for me." I smiled as they both giggled lightly.

"Tell you what. As soon as you're out of here, we can do with a girly trip! The whole lot packed in, make up, shopping, the works!" Eva exclaimed.

"That sounds amazing, you two are the best friends ever!" I laughed as we all joined in for a group hug.

"Yeah, we know." Elizabeth added as we all chuckled together.

The door opened again as John and Roger came in.

"Hello, you." John came over and kissed me on the cheek, trying his best to smile.

Roger also came over to hug me for a brief moment. "How are you?" He asked.

"I'm ok. Better for seeing you guys, that's for sure." I stated.

It wasn't long before Freddie and Brian came in as well and we all talked for what seemed like hours. I realised how lucky I was to have so much support from them. The boys practised their singing as they were about to go on another tour in a couple of weeks, it certainly did cheer me up though. Elizabeth and Eva tried to paint my nails a bright blue colour as a start to their makeover plans. We talked about our little flings with the boys once they were out of the room, getting coffee and we all laughed so much, it started the pain again in my stomach but I didn't care. Even though I had just lost my baby child, I was happy that I had amazing friends and a wonderful boyfriend. Little did I know, one night was going to change everything. And make me lose everything.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was approaching mine and John's first anniversary and everyone wanted to celebrate together. The band's new album, News Of The World was once again a smash hit and songs such as We Will Rock You and We Are The Champions were a favourite for fans everywhere. Before we could celebrate, I had an appointment with the doctor. It had been just under three months since I had the miscarriage and things weren't exactly settled. I had lost my appetite completely and lost a lot of weight which was making John very nervous every time we met.

As I sat in the doctor's room waiting patiently for him to come back, I twiddled my thumbs as my heart began beating at 100 miles an hour. Why was I so nervous all of a sudden? Eventually he came in holding an x ray image they took of me about 20 minutes ago.

"Well, Miss Jones, here is the result from the x ray and the scan. Unfortunately it's not looking good. The uterus wall is taking longer than we thought to recover, it hasn't done that much since you had the miscarriage. That means, it could ultimately affect your chances of ever having another child."

I sat there, not taking it in. My heart stopped beating. My blood ran cold.

"Wait, what?!" I gasped, grabbing the doctor's arm which almost scared him.

"I'm sorry. But these things do happen. There's always adoption or..."

"No, just don't!" I yelled, interrupting him. "I can't believe this! I mean, the only reason John wants to be with me is that we can have a child together, and now you're saying that will never happen? Do you seriously just want to crush everything we have?"

"Miss Jones, try to stay calm." The doctor tried to add but I was having none of it.

"How the bloody hell am I suppose to stay calm? I'm going to lose everything that's important to me. Oh but that doesn't matter to you, as long as you're getting your pay that's all you care about. Well thank you for ruining my life!"

As soon as I said that, I ran out the building, running towards my house. When I got in, I could see that it was basically empty as Eva had already moved out. I crouched down to the floor and burst into tears, turning into a complete mess. Everything was ruined, everything was gone, thanks to that one brief moment in that small room. I then realised what I now had to do. I ran into my bedroom, took out a suitcase and packed as much stuff as I could fit into it. I then wrote a note and left it on the table, before I picked up the phone to call the airport. I had to leave, start a brand new life without Queen, without Elizabeth and Eva but most of all without John. Because I couldn't bear it if I had ruined his life for an extra second.

I grabbed my suitcase and walked out the door, leaving my old life behind me. I waited for the taxi to appear before it took me to Heathrow Airport, I had no idea where I was going but I just knew I had to go. Little did I know, John was ringing my house phone, begging me to come to the party tonight. Somehow he knew that I wasn't exactly myself, but maybe I haven't been myself for the past 8 years. Just makes you wonder how much one year can change everything.