Chapter 4

The press has turned up to take some sneaky photos of the wedding as the happy couple were about to do their first dance. We could see the staff of the hotel trying to shoo them away but it wasn't until Freddie's rough looking bodyguard had scared them off.

"Wait, Elizabeth!" Eva came running up to her. "You forgot to throw the bouquet!"

"Oh, shoot!" Elizabeth gasped. "Well, do you want to get it over and done with now?"

"Hell, yeah!" She replied, psyching herself up. "I'm going to catch this baby. Melanie, come on!"

She jogged over to me and grabbed my arm. I could see that all the ladies in the group were starting to scrap at each other, pushing and shoving to get this bunch of flowers.

"Oh, do I have to? I don't believe in any of this crap anyway!" I moaned as Eva shook her head at me.

"Tut, tut. Come on, it's our best friend's wedding day. Plus being pregnant means she's going to have a pretty bad throw anyway, more chance for us to win!" Even though I love Eva to pieces, I didn't like it when she became competitive.

"Oh, ok." I eventually gave in as we both ran to where Elizabeth had her back on us.

"Right, you girls ready?" She asked as they all really starting to get feisty and tried to knock us down.

I could see the bouquet fly above us just for one second before I closed my eyes, waiting for someone to knock me down to the ground. I opened my eyes to realise that I had the bunch of flowers in my hand. I stood there and gulped, as everyone was clapping at me. I turned around to see that John had a look of panic over his face. Roger and Freddie were teasing him as Brian was trying to be funny and offer him tips as to how to organise the wedding. I stared down at the bouquet and sniggered, not taking it seriously and passed it to Eva.

"Here, early birthday present!" I winked at her and ran over to join John and the others.

"Oh congratulations Melanie! I see a wedding on the cards for you now!" Roger was still annoying John.

"Oh yeah? And I see my foot kicking you at some particular place where the sun doesn't shine." I said plainly back at him.

John let out a little snigger as Roger became all quiet. He stuck out his tongue back at me as I went to hold my boyfriend's hand. John still looked nervous when I looked into his eyes, I could feel his pulse racing.

"Ladies and gentlemen." The main waiter came back to give the following announcement. "Please give a massive applause to the happy couple as we see them have their first dance."

The guests cheered as Brian took Elizabeth to the dancefloor. She placed her arms on his shoulders as Brian tried to wrap his arms around her waist, but with a 5 month old foetus it was proving difficult for him. Not that they seemed to notice as they were locked in each other's gaze and they danced to their own pace to the music.

After 5 minutes, Elizabeth's dad went on the dance floor with Summer and they began to dance together. Soon enough everyone else was on, including me and John. As we held each other close, I could see he was trying to avoid looking straight at me.

"John. Are you ok?" I asked him and he simply nodded.

"Look, you don't believe in all that catching the flowers baloney do you?" I exclaimed as he gave out a little laugh.

"Maybe a little. Just didn't expect you to catch them that's all." He muttered under his breath so I wasn't completely convinced.

"John Deacon, I know when you lie to me!" I exclaimed, tickling him under the arms.

"Oy!" He laughed as we went back to the waltz position.

"Look, just because I caught a couple of daisies, does not mean we have to get married straight away. I love the way things are at the moment, blimey we've only been going out for a few months. We're having fun and I love spending time with you, so nothing has to change unless it's time to. Ok?"

John kissed my lips, looking relieved. "I'm so lucky to have you."

"No you're not. It's just because there was no-one else left wasn't it?" I giggled.

"Oh yeah, that's the reason!" He teased as we both held each other close.

The rest of the night was amazing. I danced with the groom and surprisingly the groom's dad, he was the better dancer, sorry Brian! I also danced with Elizabeth's dad after she had to sit down as the baby was kicking too much, was probably dancing along with them. Then the funny moment came when both Jimmy Page and Robert Plant asked me and Eva to dance with them. Of course we were both completely star struck so we were speechless, trying to come up with some words to say. They both danced with Elizabeth as well when Brian was too tired to do anymore. I also danced with Roger and Freddie when the rock music blared out the speakers, we all practised our air guitar moves. Of course, everyone wanted Queen to play, but of course, they were having a well deserved night off. Then it was soon time for the happy couple to leave for their honeymoon. There were tears all around as we all exchanged hugs, saying goodbye. Then Brian and Elizabeth went into the car that had the just married banner on the boot window and they soon headed down the road, disappearing behind the hill.