Hospital

*Samantha's POV*

Ricky sat at my side next to Chris, mumbling to himself. "It's all my fault." I heard him whisper. I didn't know what to say back so I sat in silence. The heart monitor beeped slowly in the middle of the room. Surely it should be beeping faster, shouldn't it?

But, Chris looked so peaceful laying on the hospital bed. A small smile lay on his lips as the monitor slowly became steady again.

"Do you know why he would do this?" Ricky slowly turned to me, a pleading look in his eye.

"I have no idea." I lied. I had an idea, and that idea was that it was my fault. I never should have tried to make him jealous with Austin or kiss Austin to push Chris away. But I couldn't lie to his friend, id be guilty for the rest of my life and I couldn't live with that. "Maybe it was because he saw me kissing some guy In the courtyard"

Ricky looked up at me, confused.

"I didn't think it would matter since Chris would always push me away and tell me to leave him alone." I explained.
"And besides, Chris has a girlfriend."

"Oh, you're the one Chris was telling me about before!" Ricky stood up a weird excitement to his realization. What was he talking about? Why would Chris talk about me? He barely wanted to know that I existed! "You're the one that he accidentally kissed and ya know."

"Uh, yeah, I guess... But what does that have to do with why he tried to kill himself?" I tried to keep him on topic. It was weird hearing Ricky talk. By the way he was when I met him, Ricky didn't seem to talk to anyone accept Chris and his close friends. And I know I don't know Ricky a lot since I only met him a few hours ago, but I could tell a lot by the way he acted. He must be really shy.

"Chris broke up with his girlfriend just after the concert, then he slept at my house with the rest of the band because we were really tired..." I nodded, trying to process it all even though i still didn't get it. "Chris said that he was going to leave and find you and tell you how he really feels about you or something like that... And I guess that's when he saw you guys kissing." Ricky's face soon turned angry realizing that his friends attempt at death was my fault. "This is your fault."

Just then, the monitors heart beat rapidly increased, too fast to be healthy, and nurses upon nurses ran into the room. What could have caused this rapid heart beat? Could Chris hear us? But I thought he was in a coma.

"Quick, get him out of here, clear the room" one of the nurses dresses in a light blue uniform ushered us out of the room and pushed the hospital bed quickly down the hall along with tubes carrying liquid and who knows what else that was attached to the inside of Chris's elbow and into his veins. I glanced at Chris's face as he was rapidly escorted into the surgery part of the hospital, the smile that had once tainted his lips had completely disappeared and his skin became a dull, pale white. I know Chris was naturally really pale but he nearly matched the sheets tucked into the hospital bed.

"Doctor, what happened?!" I grabbed onto a doctor who was in the room that Chris once was in.

"He had a panic attack, which seems to be common for him. But a panic attack while in a coma is extremely dangerous." He informed us then rushed to the surgery room that Chris was in. I stood at the door and looked in the window at the doctors prepping to analyze what was going on with Chris.

"Ma'am," a sweet little nurse caught my Attention. " I'm sorry but you can't be over there, it's for authorized personnel only." I kindly nodded but refused to let to of the door.

"Let's go, Sam." Ricky tugged me away from the door but I wouldn't budge. The anger that was built up inside of him before seemed to have dissolve, like it never even existed.

"No!" I screamed and grasped the door handle tighter. "It's my fault he's in ere in the first place, I'm staying!"

Ricky tugged harder and wrapped his arms around my waist to pull even harder and finally got me off. I sunk to the floor in tears. I hated feeling guilt, and even worse, I thought I might ave even had a chance at becoming Chris's friend eventually. But that will never happen if he dies from all the pills he took, because of what I did. The tears just flowed from my swollen eyes like a river. Ricky sat down next to me silently.

"There's nothing we can do for him now, trust me, I know how hard this is... He's my best friend." Ricky started. " all we can do is wait and let the doctors do their job, I'm sure they will do great." I sobbed harder. Tears racked my body until I couldn't cry anymore then tried wiping my tears away with my short sleeves with no success. "Here." Ricky took off his overshirt and handed it to me, leaving him in a thin black Tshirt. It was ripped at some spots, but that was just the design of the dark black shirt that clung to his toned body. I had to keep myself from staring at him and blushing as I gratefully took the overshirt and wiped my make up stained tears away. He took my arm and helped me off the cold, hard, hospital floor, and led me to the waiting area with all the other family of the patients.

"Why are you being so nice to me?" I looked over at Ricky through my hair that I didn't bother to move out if my face, after a long moment of silence and thinking.

"Because you're nice to me, and besides, if you are Chris's friend, then you should be mine too." He lightly smiled then went back to reading some hospital magazine that I knew he wasn't interested in, but he needed to distract himself.

"I would exactly call myself his 'friend'" I blushed awkwardly at the thought. It's true, I wasn't, Chris and I never really got along but we kinda knew on the inside that it was a playful thing.

"Why not?" Ricky snorted in almost laughter.

"He's always telling me to leave him alone, but I guess that's from me always calling him ' Chris Cerulli' by accident." I shrugged.

"Yeah, he should have warned you about that, he really doesn't like to be called that."

"No, shit, I thought he was gonna throw his lamp at me." I joked.

Ricky made a fake shocked expression. "No, never, he wouldn't never throe his misfits lamp at you... It's too precious to him!" He laughed harder. I think it's the first time in a couple of hours that I actually heard this little shy guy laugh. Ricky was pretty fun to talk to after a while, if you could get him to talk that is. You just had to break his antisocial shell that blocked out everyone from him, but once you got through that social barrier, he was talkative and fun.

But then the doctor came out to talk to us. "We have good and bad news..."