A Call

*Chris's POV*
We were still at the Halloween party, Janice and I. Still in the bathroom, we sat together in silence, away from the mob of people downstairs that were laughing and having the time of their lives. But I was content up here, just sitting in silence, keeping Janice warm as I felt her heart beat slow against my arms. Not once did Samantha or Austin Cross my mind, it's like I'm in my own little world and I liked it here.

"Are you warm now?" I asked out of courtesy. I know she was still cold, the goosebumps still scattering across her arms and I also know that I'm not doing much to make that better since I'm cold myself, but it was worth a shot.

"Kind of." I buried my cheek against her multicolored unnatural hair that was soft and smelt of strawberries. "I should go." She shifted slightly and reluctantly. "My friends are probably worried about me." I doubt that, her friends are probably dancing and drinking and only worrying about themselves. Don't get me wrong, I liked her friends, they were cool, but I needed to convince myself that she still had a reason to stay.

"No." I whined slightly. "Stay with me." I whispered and hugged my arms tightly around her body so she would have o stay with me.

"Chris." She giggled and then stopped as if she was surprised that she sounded like that. I liked when she was happy, yeah I guess I haven't known her very long but it was one of those types of those things where she must have reminded me of someone else and Made me feel like I've known her forever.

"Tell me a story." I sounded like a big five year old, but that happens sometimes. I'm not all scary all the time, ya know. She sighed a small smile playing on her lips.

"Fine, this is one my father used to tell me..."

*Janice's POV*

The memory of my father flooded my brain like a tsunami, but I decided to ignore it this time as I began the story. I settled back onto Chris and tried to recall every last detail as I told it.

"Once upon a time there was an angel that had fallen from the sky down to the earth. he hated it down on earth, it was so cruel and full of hatred that it made his throat sting and heart break to go back up to heaven. You see, angels weren't made for earth, they were too pure and too kind hearted that our self dignity and society would break them. The angel was now bound to this earth by his mortal skin that weighed him down like a truck. The only way he could return to heaven was to get rid of his mortal skin. So he cut it and tore it to get rid of it. He tore his wrists and his thighs and his stomach and his Chest until he was bleeding and in pain, but only then did he return to heaven..." I stopped, finishing the story, tears brimmed in my eyes as I held them back. Chris was running his fingers up and down my arms, over the raised scars and being as gentle as possible.

He leaned over and kissed my cheek, whispering quietly. "Angel."

"It was about my older brother..." I murmured. "He committed suicide when I was five, he was sixteen..." I couldn't stop the tears this time. My brother was the only person I could talk to, along with my father. He'd always play with me and tell me that no matter how hard life got, he'd always be there and watch over me. Of course I didn't know what that meant at the time.

I noticed the scars that littered my brothers arms, worse than mine but he'd always just fake a smile and pull down his sleeves or close the bathroom door so that I wouldn't see him do it more. He didn't want me to turn out like him, but isn't It funny how I'm just like him now?

I know he'd get bullied at school, even though I'd just be five years old at the time, I could see the bruises on his face when he came home from school. But I never understood why, because I always thought he was the coolest guy in the world. I never realized how bad he had gotten until my father had told me that Matty (my brother) wouldn't be there anymore, he was gone, he's with grandma and grandpa and all the angels now. Really, my father had found him hanging by a rope in his closet a note stuck to his shirt as he hung lifelessly. Basically, the note said that he was so sorry but he was happy now and it wasnt our fault. I still have that note by my bedside.

"Im so sorry." He hugged me tight as I shook with sobs, until I finally subsided and controlled myself.

*chris's POV*

A knock silently rang against the bathroom door. "Chris...?" I heard Ricky call from the other side.

"Yeah?" I quickly slipped off my sweatshirt and wrapped it around Janice as I stood up and opened the door to face a slightly sobered up Ricky.

"It's Austin." He handed me the phone that he clutched in my hand. Austin?! Why the fuck would Austin be calling for me? He knows I hate his guts and I doubt that he wants me to show him how much I hate him again.

I took it reluctantly and tried to hide my hatred. "What do you want?" I looked over at Janice as I talked on the phone, she was watching me curiously.

"Chris, oh thank god you answered..." He sounded a weird kind of excited mixed with a tinge of sadness. "It's Samantha..."

__________________________ this was literally like one of the saddest chapters I've written lol so comment what you think please, I need some feedback or I'm not going to continue it!