Admit It

*Samantha's POV*

Is this it? Is Chris really gone? I couldn't believe it and neither could his friend, Balz. "What should we do?! Why'd he do that?! Where'd he go?!" Balz started flipping out and asking a stream of questions that I was actually asking in my head. "Should I call Ricky and ghost?! Yeah I'm gonna call them."

I kneeled at Austin's side. Even though I knew what he did was wrong and that I was a little mad for him hitting me really hard, but he's still my best friend and always will be, no matter what. "Are you okay??" I asked as he dangled on the edge of consciousness. He groaned in response and rubbed his face, a police officer standing above us.

"I didn't mean to hit you, I'm really really really..." He continued. "Sorry." He said in between heavy breaths. I just nodded. Still in my mind, this was all his fault but I knew he'd never hit me if he was in his right mind. Of course, he wasn't, he'd just witnessed his new girl friend kiss a boy that had practically done the same in a supply closet. I don't blame him, I would have done the same thing.

"Okay, I'm here! What happened?!" Ricky barged into the restaurant, gaining a few weird stares from other patrons and workers. He looked down at Austin then nodded as if he'd understood. "Where's Chris?"

"I don't know, but I'm going to find out." I stood up and headed for the same door that Chris ran out of, with Ricky trailing close behind me.

*Chris's POV*

I shivered my way down the road. Sure, it wasn't exactly cold, but when you're only in a hospital gown it is. And not to mention that I'm not supposed to be out of the hospital for another week for 'observation'.

I was still trembling with the left over anger and adrenaline coursing through my veins. My hands were throbbing from the cuts and bruises from the nonstop punching on Austin's face. Man, I hated that guy. How dare he hit Samantha?! Let alone a girl in general. He deserved what he had coming. He deserved to be punched straight in the face until he could barely open his eyes or even breathe. I smiled at the thought of Austin face as he pleaded for me to let him go. Phsycottic? Pff, no. More like Good Samaritan.

The street was fairly empty except for the tumbling colored leaves and the occasional car that sped by, way over the speed limit... Not that I cared.

I don't even know where I'm going, I just had to get away from there, away from the people, away from the cops. I wasn't ashamed of what I did, but try explaining my situation to the cops! They wouldn't understand one bit.

"Chris!" A voice dragged me out of my thoughts. "Chris,wait up!" It called again but this time it was a guy's voice instead of a girls like the first one. I reluctantly stopped and turned around to face none other than Samantha and Ricky. They were two people that I definitely didn't want to see. They would be nonstop questioning me and that would probably lead to me freaking out again. "Where are you going?" Samantha questioned in an almost motherly tone.

"Anywhere away from you." I retorted kinda harshly. I didn't mean to sound that rude, but it came out that way and I couldn't take it back.

"Do I need to mention that this whole fight was kind of your fault in the first place if you hadn't kissed-" she started.

"If I hadn't kissed you. Yeah, yeah, yeah tell that to someone who cares. Just stay the fuck away from me and maybe none of this will happen again." I glared and began walking down the street again. Of course, they chased after me. A few cars passed and I contemplated walking in front of them just before they could swerve to miss me. But I didn't.

"Chris... Chris!!" She called again, Ricky was walking behind her but he knew not to mess with me when I was pissed. "That's not what I meant..."

"Yeah, well that's what I meant. So leave me alone." I fumed away even faster.

"Chris, just hear me out!"

"All I'm hearing out of your mouth is shit."

"Chris." I stopped in my track, which caused her to run directly into me and Ricky to snicker. "Sorry." She cowered away. Was I really that scary? Good.

"I mean it, Samantha!" My voice lightened. " leave me alone." I stood up straight to appear taller, though I was taller than both of them without standing up straight like a soldier.

"I'm not just gonna leave you alone!"

"Why not?" My eyes hardened and I began to glare again without me even realizing

"Because I want to at least talk to you, I'm not mad! I know Austin shouldn't have hit me and he deserved what you did. But-"

"But what? I did what I did, it's over. That's it. Leave me alone!"

"Why do you want me to leave you alone so badly???" She questioned.

"Because I'm no good for you! All I've done is cause trouble." I sighed. I looked straight into her soft eyes and melted a little. "I don't want to mess up your life like I've done already."

"You won't." She answered, still looking directly into my lightened eyes. Ricky watched us from afar, trying to give us some privacy but we all know he's stalking us.

"Yes I will."

"Awwww!!" Ricky gave us 'love bird' eyes and made a heart with his hand which made me glare at him more and Samantha blush. I like her blush, it's really cute. eww, no I did not just say that. I refuse to have feelings for her. It's no good for either of us... Plus, she doesn't even like good music like I do.

"Ricky, take her back to the restaurant." I ordered sternly and he grabbed her arm lightly and pulled her, which of course, she refused.

"Chris, no please!" She pleaded. She pried her way out of Ricky's grip and ran over to me and hugged me around my waist, because that's all she could reach, like a five year old and refused to let go. I sighed deeply and eventually hugged her back reluctantly. I didn't mind hugging her, but it was mostly because I was freezing and she was warm. "At least take my sweat shirt." She must have felt me shivering. I looked at her funnily. No way in hell I was wearing a girls sweatshirt. "It's my brothers, calm down, tough guy." I took it and nodded for Ricky to take her away again.

She knew she couldn't refuse this time and kissed me quickly then left with Ricky with a huge smile tattooed on her face. I stood in shock. She did not just kiss me. I must be dreaming... And the worst part... I actually liked it.

_____________________________

What do you think??? Should Chris start liking her? Should e ask her out???? Should Samantha admit that she likes him????

Comment⤵️