Chapter 4 REST

I would like to thank my Beta Reader HelenTheMoon for helping me improve this chapter.

Fishlegs (POV)

"Alright everyone's here", said Hiccup, "our goal is just to rescue Astrid." He paused for a moment. "If her kidnapper becomes too much, me and Toothless will distract him long enough you guys to escape with her."

Eret walked over to Hiccup. "Don't worry, Skullcrusher has the scent. We will find her before you know it."

Hiccup nodded it and looked towards Toothless. "Okay, let's go!"

We took off with Eret in the lead with Hiccup and Toothless just behind them. The twins, Snotlout, Hiccup's mother and I took the third row.

While we were flying, I took another look at Ronde's diary. I don't know why but I was just so interested, and it may help me find out why he was so desperate for us to help him to the point he'll use someone as a hostage.

I flipped to the next section of his diary and started to read.

Well, it's been 4 days since I last wrote anything, but I had to find some privacy because my... I don't know what to call them. Associates? Friends? Allies? Possible new family? It's weird but I managed to find the island I used to have my hunting trips on. While I was on the island I ran into a couple of natives and to my surprise, I can actually understand them. I thought there was probably going to be a language barrier, but I can perfectly understand them, I was shocked at first. However, their language is somewhat confusing. They don't have certain words such as love or family. They knew the meaning of the words but they use different words to describe them, like saying 'this is warm' to describe love, or to say family they say Kin. It's very confusing after, but after a while you get used to it if you can understand them.

I thought for a moment, these natives sound like they are cut off from the world or they just have a different Society compared to the rest of the world. I continued reading.

I was shocked that they let me be part of their society so quickly they only asked where I was from and I told him. I also told them about my current situation, but they didn't believe me. Even the natives don't believe my story. They thought I was crazy or just had an overactive imagination, but I am 10 years old, so I'll doubt they'll believe anything I say if it's that crazy.

I was shocked, He ran away at 10 years old? What happened to him? Was he afraid for his life? But what did he do or what happened? Then I thought for a moment, if he was 10 at the time and these events happened six and a half years ago, he's either 16 or 17 years old now. He looked older than us, so I thought he was in his early twenties like us.

They were also shocked when I told them I don't know how to hunt or do other obvious things. They were concerned because these things should be taught at a young age which I thought I was but apparently, I'm not compared to them. So, they decided to teach me how to hunt and fish.

It took me two days just to learn how to fish without any weapons or Nets. Yesterday they started to teach me how to fight and to defend myself. At first, each time I got pinned to the ground or some random tree it was fun but now it's starting to get annoying. I found this to be annoying because I know how to fight and defend myself, my dad and teacher taught me. My father was a bit aggressive when it came to combat practice, my teacher just taught me certain moves such as redirecting a punch, using your opponent's momentum against them and weapons... Oh, how I hated the weapons portion of training especially with my father. The only fun thing was the bow and arrow. I could hit my mark but since I was so small I would usually miss if I didn't grip it correctly, I was 7 years old at the time. I was the youngest amongst the group, with most of them are already in their teens and early adulthood back in my country. Out of the 50 members I was placed in the top five when it came to combat thanks to all the momentum training but as usual, it was never enough for my father.