Update/Announcement

-I might do this from now on when planning on updating the story or to make an Announcement by having a short story in the middle or in between chapters. But this is just an update so enjoy this part story which takes place before Ronde flew to the Island to meet Hiccup and the others during chapter 17 enjoy.

Ronde(POV)

I flew as fast I could to reach or at least catch up to Hiccup and the others. But I don't know what drove me to do this. Was it the letter that they left for me or was it the opportunity that the day of peace provided me? I don't know but now the others know about me. I knew that this was going to happen I just didn't think it would be this soon.

'7 years...7 long years I never told another person about my secret. How could I? Most people would think I'm some sort of demon or monster and kill me on sight. I couldn't just tell them about my secret, I know that their dragon people, but I know for a fact that they never seen a person that can change into a dragon. What I am isn't possible but that my grandmother for you, somehow making the impossible possible. She tries to save my life and, in the process, somehow changes her only grandson into a dragon. I would have been alone if it wasn't for my Sire and Dam and the others on that island. I miss them so much.'

Then I began to laugh. "It's embarrassing that a total stranger treated me more like a father figure than my actual one. I thought for a long time that that was normal, for a father to treat his own like a waste and talk down to them. But that was before I met my mentor and then Sire."

Then I remember something.

I walk through the hallway to find my mother's room, I found her room she was reading letters from the other tribes, I called to her, "Mom."

She turned around facing me, "Yes Ronde."

I was uneasy trying to say this, but I needed someone to talk to about this, "I tried so hard to impress father yet...no matter what I do it never enough for him," then I looked towards the ground. "And now that I'm learning to be a warrior in this group everyone is avoiding me and calling me names such as a waste of a person among other things. What did I do wrong? I never met these people before so why are they being so mean to me?"

She looked hurt and then got on her knees to be at my height and began rubbing my face gently and said, "I'm sorry to hear that Ronde, the situation with your father is...difficult to explain, he just wants you to be better than him. I know that this is hard to believe but he is very proud of you."

I didn't want to seem rude, but I sighed and told her. "Mother please don't lie to me just to make me feel better, he never tells me how proud he is of me. All he does is talk down to me and tried to hurt me during training."

She looked even sadder and told me, "I don't understand the mindset of your father when it comes to making you a better person, I will say that. But know this Ronde he just trying to prepare you for the world."

I didn't believe her. Not once that I can remember out of the 8 years, I've lived he ever told me that he was proud of me.

Then she spoke again, "The situation with the other kids...I was afraid of this happening to you."

I looked at her confused, "What do you mean?"

She refused to look at me and said, "Do you remember the Raid we did to tried to get rid of the Dragons?"

I nodded, "Yes how could I forget, father wanted me to come so I could 'witness history'."

"You know how many people lost their lives that day right?"