Chapter 7 (2/2) The Plan

Special Thanks to my Beta Reader Fantasia Komix For rewriting and expanding on the scenes within part 2 as well.

Fishlegs(POV)

'Although we've freed about thirty dragons, we're not even halfway done. However, what Ronde said was true; once we freed them, the dragons joined us in freeing the others.'

"I believe we've freed enough dragons to separate," I told everyone. "This is too many for one ship and we're sitting here asking to be shot."

"If that's the case, each one of us should take five dragons to accompany us while we're freeing the others on different ships," Hiccup's mother told the others.

"Should we blow up the ship first?" asked Tuffnut.

"No," I said. "That's only if we get caug-"

{FHWOOOOOOOOOOO...}

"I believe that was their alarm," said Eret with a forced casual tone. Right. "We should probably separate and get off the ship." I turned to the twins. "That means that you can blow up the ship now."

"YES!" yelled both of them. "Barf, Belch, let's give it to 'em."

Hiccup (POV)

"I believe that was the alarm, Astrid."

{BOOOOOOM!}

"What was that?" She yelped.

"Probably the twins," I sighed, shaking my head. "The enemy knows we're here, we've got to help out on the ground now."

"Right."

We dived straight down. Even from this distance, I saw Ronde having a tough time trying to free the dragons because of the Dragon Hunters closing in. I noted the unconscious men around him, but we had to help.

"Alright, bud, it's time to make our move. Plasma Blast!" I shouted.

Toothless shot the ground beside the group of Dragon Hunters, and the shockwave from the blast knocked them back from Ronde. Ronde took advantage of the explosion and incapacitated a few guards in the cloud of dust. He freed the remaining dragons and signaled me to come closer.

"There are more Dragon Hunters and dragons in their cages further up the beach!" he yelled. "Strike the guards and I'll take care of the cages! And don't worry about the weapons, they're completely defenseless right now!"

I understood, but how does he know they're defenseless? Oh...that huge tent that he burned had their weapons. I flew off in the direction he pointed out to us. While in the air, I looked down. To my amazement, he was running as fast as Toothless was flying.

I was amazed at first, but then I thought for a moment. 'What has he been through the past seven years to get him to this level of speed, strength, and strategy? He organized this whole plan and so far, nothing bad had happened. We've been caught, yes, but he foresaw that and came up with a counter plan. And now he's knocking out Dragon Hunters left and right like they're nothing. Maybe I should ask these questions when all this is over.'

It seemed like our roles were almost complete. Judging from the distance left for us to search, there were only a few more places where the caged dragons could be. We were approaching the end of the beach rather quickly.

I glanced at the Armada to check on the other part of the plan. The ships were on fire with hundreds of dragons hovering over them. 'Seems like everything is going smoothly on Fishlegs side of the plan.' I looked around and was relieved to see that Astrid and Stormfly were helping Ronde with the cages below. Toothless and I were in charge of keeping the guards at bay, and so far, we were succeeding. This went on until we reached the final campsite on the beach.