Chapter 7 (1/2) The Plan

Special Thanks to my Beta Reader Fantasia Komix For rewriting and expanding on the scenes within this and part 2 of this chapter and making the words flow much better. I do appreciate you helping with these chapters so Thank you again.

Ronde (POV)

The plan was about to begin. I was discussing countermeasures with Hiccup in case my first plan didn't work. I also told him that the Dragon Hunters always keep their dragon cages at the top of the boats. They didn't have time to put the dragons in their ship with this many. He kept trying to tell me that there had to be another way for me to fight those Hunters other than being grounded.

"Hiccup, I can handle myself on the ground," I told him. "I didn't have any dragons to help me or ride on before, so believe me when I say I can handle myself as long as you do your part."

"Are you sure there's no way I can talk you out of doing this?" he asked me.

I started to chuckle. "I'm honestly surprised that you're even worried about me after everything I put you through. You're too forgiving and I hope no one takes advantage of that one day."

Before he could say anything else, I turned to Astrid and told her, "Astrid you can give it to him now, I think he might need it."

She nodded and gave him his sword back.

He stared at me, his mouth gaping in shock. "You gave Astrid my weapon?"

"Yes, I did. Now let's get this plan started, and don't forget your roles. If we are discovered, rush in and save as many dragons as you can. Those of you on the boats, if you are caught, free the dragons first, then destroy the ships." I turned to Astrid. "Now you can drop me off to the far side of the beach where you won't be noticed."

I walked over towards her dragon, trying to prepare myself for the upcoming battle. I wasn't able to tell if I was shaking from fear, from excitement, or from where the Chief's 'Night Fury' shot me. Either way, I had to prepare myself.

I approached Stormfly and could already see the concern in her eyes. "It's okay, girl, I'll be fine, and as long as you guys do your part, everything should be okay." I tried to calm her by scratching underneath her chin.

She made a sad cooing noise and pressed her nose on my chest. "I'll be fine, I promise you," I reassured her.

"Astrid, come along." When she arrived, I told her, "Now remember, do not act until you either hear screaming, yelling, dragons roaring, or see a fire."

Astrid and I got on top of Stormfly and flew down towards the beach. "Astrid, please remember what I said. Your job is to help me with the Hunters and to try to free some of the dragons in their cages if you can."

"I know what my role is, but-" She eyed me and asked, "Are you okay?"

"I'll be fine, Astrid."

"No, not that." She winced. "Well, that has something to do with it, but I'm talking about you specifically, your arms. Are you okay?"

I laughed slightly. "I told you before: the undershirt that I'm wearing protects me from dragon fire."

"I just didn't believe it at first hand. We can use something like that in the future," she admitted.

"Yeah, I can see how that could be useful to you guys."

She continued, "And the way you got up after being blasted, it almost looked like you were about to fight Toothless."

I told her the truth. "When I'm angry beyond a certain point, I don't think, I just react. It's hard to just calm myself down."

"Well, I think everybody's like that sometimes," she told me.