Chapter 5: A Game For Two

Marco and Star arrived at the put-put golf course, and the theme of the course looked like a tiki theme. Star and Marco entered the little building to get their golf balls and golf putters. "Good evening! How may I help you?" The man in the building asked. "We would like 2 golf balls and 2 golf putters. I'll have yellow and Marco will have maroon." Star said. "Sounds good! Here you guys go! Have a fun game tonight!" The man said. "Thanks! Have a good night!" Marco said as the couple walked to hole #1.

"So Marco, how does put-put work again?" Star asked, confused. "Well, Star, the goal is to try to get the ball into the hole. Try to get a low score, like a hole-in-one or hole-in-two." Marco explained to Star. "Ohhhh Ok. I think I got it now!" Star said as she took a swing at the ball. "I got a hole-in-one Marco! And that was my first time swinging the putter!" Star said proudly and excited. "Nice! But keep in mind, this is only hole #1. The other courses are harder.

Marco got a hole-in-one as well, due to hole #1 being quite easy with no obstacles. Hole #2 was a bit more difficult because the hole was not just straight ahead, and there were tiny hills that could mess up the golf ball's movement. Still, Star was kicking butt at put-put, and it was only her first game. Marco did fairly well too, but on some of the more challenging courses he obviously struggled. Star however, only had a hole-in-three at worst.

The two got to hole #13, which was hinted as the most challenging one on the course. You had to make sure your ball made it over a stream, or the golf ball would travel down the waterfall never to be seen again. It didn't help that there were mini bumps and totem poles to block the vision of the hole on the other side. "Come on Marco, you've got this..." Marco tried to get in position, and hit the ball successfully over the stream, but the ball then bumped into a totem pole. Marco ended up getting a hole-in-six or something.

"Alright! My turn!" Star said as she got in position. Out of nowhere, Star got a hole-in-one, and started celebrating. "Wow! Nice job Star!" Marco said to the excited princess. "Thanks Marco! I can't believe I made that one!" Star and Marco continued to hole #18, the final hole. Marco got a hole-in-three, and Star got a hole-in-two, but she was shocked as to where the ball went. "Marco, where'd my golf ball go?" Star said in shock. "Well Star, on some put-put courses, the 18th hole has a pipe where the ball travels back to the building." Marco explained.

"Ohhhh I get it now! How many points did I get?!?" Star asked excitingly. "Oof. More than me. You whooped my butt." Marco said as he tallied up the scores and returned the putters. "Dang, and it was my first time ever playing too!" Star said. "But hey, I had a lot of fun, and I'm glad I played with you. Thanks for taking me to this Marco." Star said while giving Marco a kiss on the cheek. "No problem Star. It's getting late. Let's head back to the room." Marco said as he walked Star with his hand holding hers.