Chapter 13: Unfortunate Outcome...

The night had passed, and Star and Marco had woken up from the comfortable rest they were in. Star yawned, causing Marco to compliment the princess. "You're so cute when you yawn Star." Marco said while putting his hand on her cheek. "Awwww, Marco!" Star said as she tightly hugged the boy. Marco wrapped his arms around Star, giving her kisses on the top of her head. "Marco, when you kiss me, I get butterflies in my stomach. Hehe." Star said giggling.

"Hence your name." Marco said as he smiled to Star. "Hence my name indeed." Star said as she gave Marco a kiss on the cheek. "So Marco, you wanna head to the beach? I wanna have fun there today." Star said as she looked at Marco, getting lost in his brown eyes. "I would love to Star... But it's storming outside... And I think it's going to storm all day... I'm so sorry Star..." Marco said in an upset tone. Star looked outside, and saw all the grey clouds and the lightning bolts flaring in the distance.

"I-i-it's storming?" Star said, stuttering as her tone went from bright and cheery, to dull and upset. "B-b-but we have to leave tomorrow morning, and if it's gonna storm all day, t-then we can't go to the beach..." Star said worryingly as tears started to stream down her cheeks. Star started to cry, putting her head into both of her hands. "I wanted to make the final day to the beach extra special for you Marco! And now this stupid storm has to come in and ruin everything!" Star sobbed as she tightly hugged Marco.

"I'm so sorry Star... I really am... I wanted to go to the beach too to have fun with you, but we may just have to stick to indoor things today." Marco said as he wrapped his arms around Star's back and gave her a few rubs. "Marco, I wanted to surprise you with something, but now I can't..." Star said while sobbing more into the boy's arms. "Maybe it'll stop raining later, and we can go to the beach. Let's try to pass the time till then. How about we head to the arcade." Marco said while wiping Star's tears away.

"I hope it stops raining... *sniffle* But yeah, let's eat our breakfast and go to the arcade." Star said as she sat down at her table. "I made you some chicken and waffles for breakfast Star. It may be an odd combo, but it's really tasty." Marco said while massaging Star's shoulders. "Mmm... Well if you keep massaging me hot stuff I'm gonna get droopy. Hehe." Star said as she giggled. Star then took a bite as Marco sat down on his side of the table.

"Oh my God. Marco, this is so good!" Star said as she gorged on her breakfast. "I know! We went to I think Kentucky or Tennessee once, and that's when I first tried these. I wanted to learn how to make it myself ever since, so I taught myself the recipe." Marco said. "Marco, I love your cooking." Star then said as she finished her breakfast. "Thank you Star! So, you ready to go to the arcade?" Marco asked. "Heck yeah!" Star yelled as she took Marco's hand and ran to the elevator.