The Beginning

Perrie's POV (Flashback)

"Perrie, it's time to go on stage babe." I heard Jade say from the hallway.

I was still in the bathroom, trying to fix my make up. I had just finished up in our dressing room, as I was the last one to get my hair and make up done today, and then Jade walked in. She sat on my lap and wrapped her arms around my neck and whispered in my ear so the make up artists couldn't hear.

"You'll do amazing babes. Don't worry too much."

I had felt the lump in my throat grow. It was our first live performance and I was a nervous reck. The night before, while rehearsing, my voice broke and I was not able to finish. I had been nervous ever since. I don't want to mess this up for the girls, but if I can't get the high note out, I'm screwed and we are all going home.

As she got up off my lap so I can finish my make up, our eyes locked, and I could feel the tears coming. I waved her to leave so I could finish. The minute she walked out, I felt different. Like there was an empty space all of a sudden. I brushed the feeling off and let my make up artist finish my eye liner. The minute she did, I walked out and then ran to the bathroom down the hall. I felt the tears coming before I even entered the bathroom.

I locked the door behind me, curled up in a ball and cried. I heard the announcer say "5 minutes until show time." That was my queue to get up, but I couldn't move. I heard people yelling up and down the hall for me, but I couldn't get up, and I couldn't speak. I just stayed there on the floor crying. I was too nervous to go on.

Then I heard a soft knock at the door, and the lovely, angelic voice of miss Jade Thirlwall. The sound of her voice got my body off the floor. I walked up to the door and unlocked it. I slowly turned the handle, and the second the door opened and Jade saw my tears, she pulled me into a tight hug.

"Babe, everything will be fine. We have all our trust in you. Please, we need you up there with us, we can't win without you." Her words brought more tears to my eyes. Then, I built up a bit of courage. I pulled out of the hug and looked Jade in the eyes. Her eyes always seem to calm me down. I can't explain it, but when I look into them, I just see pure beauty and love, and it always relaxes my nerves. I guess that's just what happens when you're true best friends.

"Perrie, we're gonna be late!!" I hear Jade yell from the other room, bringing me out of my daze. We were supposed to be leaving to head to an interview and I was running late. It's not my fault, my mind has been all over the place lately.

Jade walked into my room about 30 minutes before we were supposed to leave, to see how far along I was with getting ready. She looked amazing, and I couldn't keep my eyes off her lips. (Stop Perrie, she's your best friend, and you love Alex).

When she walked out, I had a memory flood my mind. This has been happening a lot lately, at least three times a day. I keep telling myself it's because I just miss what it was like in the beginning, but I think deep down, I know it's more complicated than that.

I get up off my bed, ready to leave. I hadn't done anything with my hair yet, but I was just gonna ask Jade to braid it in the car on our way there.

I walked out of my room to the other girls staring at me. "Seriously Pez, what has gotten into you?" Leigh Anne asked. "You are never this slow at getting ready." I ignored her comment, and headed for the door. The girls followed suite, and we headed down to the hotel lobby to leave for our interview.

I sat in the back with Jade. She hates that she is always pushed to the back, so I always sit with her to try and make her feel better. She braids my hair, and it takes the entire car ride. When we get to the studio, Jade and I step out of the car, and take each others hands.

I love the feeling of holding Jade's hand. (Stop). We walk in, and I dread the questions about our boyfriends. It happens in every interview.

".... how are you and Jed?"

"... Andre is doing well, are you proud of his work?"

"Perrie, how is Alex doing? Are you guys happy?"

Blah! I hate these questions. I just want to talk about the music and stare at Jade.... (Wait, no just the music Perrie, the music).

Jade's POV

The interview ended, and Perrie and I took each others hands and made our way out of the building. Perrie had been acting weird the entire interview. She was extremely quit, and avoided questions about her and Alex. I'm not sure if they are fighting or what, but it was very out of character for her.

We stepped into the car, and the minute the doors closed, I whispered into her ear so no one else could hear. Sometimes, Perrie doesn't open up to all of us girls. I've found that there are things she hasn't told them about over the years, but only told me. I felt that maybe she didn't want anyone to know, including me, but I felt it was worth a shot to try and figure it out.

"Babe, what's wrong? Are you okay?"

She turned her head to look into my eyes, her beautiful blue orbs took over my thoughts. Her eyes are so captivating, I can't help up get lost in them. She gave me a small smile and squeezed my hand. That was her answer to leave it alone. I nodded back and then she laid her head on my shoulder. I turned my head slightly and gave her a kiss on her head. I felt her wrap her other arm around me and snuggle into me. Jesy noticed, I saw her little smirk, the one she always makes when Perrie and I act "lovey" to one another.

The car came to a stop outside our hotel. We thanked our driver and got out. Perrie stepped our first, and waited for me, so she could to take my hand as we walked in. Our rooms were across from one another, and Leigh and Jesy were on the floor above us.

Perrie and I got off on our floor, and I went to walk to my room when she tightened her grip on my hand. She didn't have to say anything, I knew she didn't want to be alone. I followed her into her room and sat on the end of the bed. She began to change out of the dress she was wearing.

We are always around each other so we change in front of each other all the time, but anytime it's just Perrie and I, I always catch myself staring a little bit too much. (Jade, she's you're best friend).

She changed into a set of black booty shorts and a Nirvana T-Shirt, as we have the rest of the day to ourselves.

"Hey! That's mine!" I shouted, jokingly. Perrie is always taking my clothes. She grabbed the shirt and pulled it out, looking down at it. She smiled and laughed.

"That it is... I like wearing your clothes better than mine."

She sat down at the head of the bed, an patted at the spot next to her. I slid my way up the bed and took the spot. We were close, but not close enough to touch, but I could feel the electricity running from her body to mine.

She leaned over me, and her chest leaned against mine, as she grabbed the TV remote from the stand on the other side of the bed. I felt my breath stop in my throat. (Stop Jade, think about Jed). She pulled away and turned her head towards me.

"What do you want to watch?"

Her eyes looked into mine, and again, I got lost in them. I was unable to think, so I just shrugged my shoulders. Her head turned away from mine towards the TV, and I felt sadness take over my body. I wanted to keep looking into those gorgeous eyes. (Jed!)

She turned on the TV and turned it to Friends. Something we always put on when we don't know what to watch.

As we were watching the show, I felt her body getting closer to mine. At first, she intertwined our legs. But as we stayed in the bed, our bodies kept getting closer and closer together. This always ends up happening. It is impossible for us not to snuggle when we are in a room together. It sucks when people sit us next to each other in interviews, because all I want to do is touch her but I can't. At least not as much as I want. (Jade Stop. You don't like her like that).

I woke up a few hours later in Perrie's arms. We had fallen asleep and were snuggled up into each other. I heard my phone vibrate indicating I had a text, probably from Jed, I promised I would call. But I didn't answer the text. I didn't want to wake Perrie, she was so beautiful. Instead, I pulled her close into my body, gave her a kiss on the forehead, and fell back to sleep. This must be what heaven feels like.