The Downfall of Us All

Jade's POV

It has been 3 weeks since that incident in Perrie's hotel room. We never told Alex what happened. I still have to watch the two of them being all lovey with each other. It kills me, especially knowing that Perrie feels the same way I do.

I haven't been in a good place mentally. Alex comes around as often as he can, and it's quit irritating, because it's causing Perrie to distance herself from me. Probably from guilt for kissing me. I don't blame her, but that doesn't mean it hurts any less feeling like I'm losing my best friend.

I have been going to a lot of clubs lately. It's easier when I'm drunk. It's easier to forget that I love her. It's easier to forget she is with Alex. It's easier to forget her. Tonight however, I can't forget her, because the girls decided to come along with me on my night out... And Alex of course came along. I wish he would just fuck off.

I was already 6 shots into my partying when Perrie finally acknowledged my existence. "Jadey, I think you need to slow down. We have only been here for an hour." I could hear the concern in her voice, but I didn't care.

"Don't call me that." It came out harsher than I wanted, and I could see the hurt that immediately covered Perrie's face but I didn't care. "I do this every night. Just leave me alone." I finished, and walked away from a teary eyed Perrie.

Perrie's POV

It was killing me to see Jade destroying herself, but what was I supposed to do? I looked over and saw her at the bar, again. This was her 6th shot in an hour. This is just out of hand, and I can't see her like this.

I unwrap myself from Alex's arms, and get off his lap. "I'm gonna go check on Jade." He just nods as I turn and walk away. Jade and I haven't really spoken outside of work, but I can't take this anymore.

I slowly approach the counter, and see a very broken girl in front of me. This is my fault. "Jadey, I think you need to slow down. We have only been here for an hour." I see her facial expression change into something I have never seen before, and my heart broke more.

"Don't call me that." Her words cut into me like a knife. She normally loves my nickname for her. I feel the tears welling in my eyes. "I do this every night. Just leave me alone." And with those words, my heart broke. She walked away, and I so badly wanted to follow her, but I couldn't. I was frozen in place, hurt by her words. I slowly made my way back to my table were Alex and Jesy were sitting.

"Guys, I think I'm gonna leave. I'm not in the mood to party." Alex was looking at his phone, he has been on it a lot lately and hasn't really noticed Jade and I falling apart. Jesy on the other hand stood up and walked to me.

"Babe, why are you crying?" At her words, Alex looked up. "What did she say to you?" He spat out. Alex has been really short about Jade since that night, he tries not to be mean, but I know he hates her.

"Nothing, I just want to leave." I try hard to hold back my tears. Alex stands up to leave with me, and Jesy and I hug. "Text me please babe." She whispers into my ear. I nod at her as Alex and I head out to leave the club. Just as we were making our way to the door, I stop dead in my tracks. Not this song.

We keep behind closed doors

Everytime I see you I die a little more

Stolen moments that we steal as the curtain falls

I'll never be enough

I have no control over the amount of tears that flood my eyes and I begin to ball my eyes out in the middle of the dance floor.

"Perrie, what's wrong?" Alex turns to me, noticing I was no longer moving with him. "I-" I couldn't get my words out. And then I saw her across the room. She was leaning against the wall, flirting with some asshat guy who was getting a little to touchy with my Jadey.

Before I even knew what I was doing, I was making my way over there to tell this guy off. I hear Alex yell to me to come back, but I'm seeing red and have one destination. I approach a VERY drunk Jade and the guy who I already hate. "Excuse me! Get your filthy hands off of her." It came out louder than I wanted, especially since they were playing a slow song. I felt a lot of eyes on me but didn't care.

"Go away Perrie, this doesn't concern you." Jade spat back to me, as the guy ran his left hand up her skirt. This sent me over the edge. "I said." I moved forward and put each hand on his shoulders, and squeezed hard. "Get your fucking hands off of her!" And with that I pushed him off of her with all the strength in my body.

However, I guess this guy is pretty dumb because he had the balls to try and swing at me. He apparently was more drunk that he thought, as he missed. But this caused Alex and Jade to both rush him.

"Don't ever try to hit her again!" Jade yelled at him as Alex pinned him to the floor. I thought Alex was gonna beat the shit out of him, but instead he just held him down until security came over. They asked Alex and I to leave, but we told them we were already on our way out. With that, Alex and I left and the last thing I saw was Leigh Anne and Jesy talking with Jade at our table.

Alex and I waited outside for our Uber to take us to the hotel we were staying in. It was a quite bliss until Alex broke the silence. "What the hell was that about? You nearly got your ass beat up because of what? Jade flirting with some guy? How is that your business Perrie?" I bit the inside of my cheeks. I might as well just tell him if this is how I'm going to react sober to Jade flirting with other people.

"Alex.." I say as I turn to him. I don't want to hurt him, this is why I stayed with him. But being with him is killing me, and it's clearly killing Jade, and I can't keep hurting her. "I... I'm in love with Jade. I love you. You're amazing, but these feelings I have for Jade, they aren't going away. I have tried and tried to push them aside to be happy with you, but all I'm doing is hurting myself, and worse Jade. And I don't want to marry you knowing I'm in love with someone else." The tears were falling uncontrollably at this point down my face, and I couldn't read Alex's face.

He stood there for a moment, and then broke the silence. "I had a feeling. You have been acting a bit distant since that night when Jade yelled at me. I don't want to trap you Perrie. I love you, and always will. But if you aren't happy, I don't want to force you to stay with me out of obligation."

His voice was sincere and I felt even worse for not loving him in the same way as Jade. "I'm sorry Alex." I slipped the ring off my left hand and handed it to him. He laughed and gave it back. "No, I bought that for you. I want you to keep it. Just go be happy Perrie." He kissed me on the forehead just as the Uber arrived. "Thanks Alex, I really am sorry." I felt the tears welling up again. "Don't be, I understand. Just know that you're loved Pez." And with that he got into the car.