4 - Singing The Blues

"We cannot hold back the time that kills love and turns the commitment into a punishment."

- Guilt by A-Lin

•••

GTV BUILDING, A MEETING ROOM, 02.20 PM

Saint stared blankly at pieces of paper on his hands given by P'Chen. There were Day, Kwang, P'Pae, and P'Gin who also presented. He didn't notice that one more person was in the room until that person talked.

"I will be the director."

Saint turned his head to the source of voice. "P'New?!"

"Let's do this together."

Saint looked around. There was one person's name written in the paper that did not attend the meeting.

"You can't do this, P'Day." Saint said to Day. "Perth is not here. He won't accept it. Does he even know about this? Does he even know about me being paired with him?"

Day turned his sight to Perth's manager, a sign for them to take over the conversation.

"Saint, it is actually an old project. But something happened and Perth did not want to do this, so it was cancelled before Khun New had an opportunity to talk to you." P'Pae explained. "Right now, we want to start again."

Saint shook his head. "Then, the one who should be convinced is not me."

"We think, if you agree first, he will follow." P'Gin reasoned.

Saint looked at P'Gin carefully. This person must be knew about the situation between him and Perth, like P'Chen. "You know that he won't follow." Saint got back at him.

How could Saint play in a series together with someone who did not want to talk to him?

"Can you all let me think first?"

"Sure. Go ahead. How much 'time' do you need to think?" Day challenged the young man in front of her. She really wanted to see the current relationship happened in front of her very eyes.

"Until Perth wants to talk to me."

IN THE PRACTICE ROOM, 03.20 PM

Perth had an acting class that day while his managers were all leaving him for a meeting with Day. One thing that Perth knew, a woman named Day in GTV was so strict with her words and looked like she could do anything to get what she wanted. Perth always tried to minimize his interaction with that person.

The meeting had been started two hours ago and until this time, P'Pae and P'Gin had not come back yet. Perth had done practicing and even the coach were gone already.

"Where are you khrab, P?" Perth called P'Gin. Once the person picked up the phone, Perth could clearly hear the sound on the back. "Are you in a market or restaurant right now?"

"Late lunch with P'Day."

Perth had no words to curse P'Gin because it was all because of that Day person. "Are you coming back to pick me up?"

"Sure."

"Okay khrab." Perth ended the call. Now, he must wait longer since he had no idea where his managers were having lunch.

After 30 minutes of waiting, the door was opened. P'Pae was standing there with an awkward smile. Perth smiled back at her while packing his things up.

"Why are you smiling like that, Mae? It's okay khrab. I didn't wait that long." Perth cooled P'Pae off.

"Perth..."