31 - Recurrent Verse

"I still feel the same and I miss you
more than ever, every moment that
I'm still breathing."

- Expiration Date by Getsunova

•••

BI HOSPITAL, 09.00 PM

"With his condition right now, is it even possible for him to wake up tomorrow?" Gun voiced his pessimistic thought. "It's almost two weeks."

Title didn't have a chance to speak up because the doctor called Perth's parents to talk. The parents entered the ICU, left Gun and Title outside the room while P'Gin had not come back yet.

"Where is Perth's parents?" P'Gin's voice surprised Gun and Title whose mind was wondering about Perth's condition after the recent examination from doctor.

Title was always be able to come back to his sense quicker than anyone else. He pointed at the closed door of ICU calmly. "Don't ask me why khrab, P."

The door opened slowly. Perth's parents got out of the ICU with Mae Tui sobbing until she had a hard time to breathe. Her husband hugged her tightly while she hid her face on her husband's chest.

The husband inhaled deeply as his wife kept crying. His eyes caught the presence of P'Gin, Gun, and Title who were keeping their curiosity out. His eyes glistened while exhaling heavily. He closed his eyes for a second before looking at people in front of him with a slight smile.

"We are going to remove the ventilator tonight."

P'Gin was shocked. He instinctively stepped backward. His mind was playing the worst scenario of what might be happening right now. His head shook back and forth, denying the thought.

"Why is it khrab? What is happening?" Title, the levelheaded one, tried to be as unwavering as he could before everything is clear to him. Absolutely, his head also full of possible tragedy. It showed through his tensed jaw and body.

Perth's father looked at his wife. He exhaled heavily. "Mama... you scare them all." He stroked his wife's hair to cool her off, but the wife insisted to keep hiding her face on his husband's chest. "It's about Perth. He is-"

"He is breathing. He starts breathing." The wife barged in. "He is breathing by himself. He can finally breathe again. It's almost a week. Papa... I almost give up on him." The wife cried again.

The husband smiled. "His condition has not back to normal yet, but improving much. So, the doctor said they would remove the ventilator progressively and changed it gradually. They will keep observing today."

P'Gin could breathe at ease in the end. "Thanks God. My mind just played a joke with me."

"But... Why is Mae Tui crying khrab?" Gun asked because the woman in front of him still continue mourning.

"Oh." The husband giggled. "She is amazed that our son's condition improves after a week." He explained. "It might be not as good as last week when his condition was stable and he was breathing fine, but it is worth to celebrate, right, Mama? He is getting better." He patted his wife's back.

"I'm sorry khrab, but have you taken the car back from police?" P'Gin suddenly remembered about Perth's car who had been held by the police for investigation. "Is the car okay?"