Chapter Two

I wake up on the couch, in the family room. I grab my phone to check the time and see its 11:53. I walk into the kitchen and make a smoothie. Thank goodness Mom was home yesterday, before I got home. She went grocery shopping, with her money so I don't have to go with mine.

I grab my car keys, I guess my mom got it out of the shop. It broke down on Friday (it's Sunday). That's why I walked to the mall.

I have a grey Ford pickup. Just saying.

•.•

I wake my alarm clock blaring music.

First day of school.

Fun.

I shower, blow dry my hair and go to my closest to get dressed. I don't have to straighten my hair because its straight by itself.

My outfit is black leggings, white muscle tank with black 'LIFE' on it and black Converse. I also slip on an oversized red and black flannel.

I wear neutral eyeshadow, winged liquid eyeliner and mascara.

I hop in my car and drive to school.

•.•

I sit in the back of the class and lean back. I've been told that I'm a 'trouble maker' but I wouldn't call myself that. It's just you don't mess with me.

"Dylan Daniels?" The teacher calls roll.

"Pre-zent." I yell.

"Calm down." She tells me, I just roll my eyes.

A guy walks in late.

"Late." The old math teacher glares him down.

"Oops?" He shrugs and looks around for a minute, for an open seat.

"Sit down." She instructs, continuing roll.

"Lucas Johns?" She calls.

"Call me Luke." He says causally.

•.•

I go to lunch with my best friend, Jay. He's been my friend since we were in diapers. His girlfriend leaps into his arms.

One thing I hate about Jay is the fact that he keeps his 'girlfriends' around for a week. Back when the incident happened he stopped his habit, but got back to it when he thought things were okay. If that were the case, he'd not be able to go back to his habit.

"JayJay!!!!" She squeaks.

"Hey...Wendy?" He tries.

She jumps out of his arms and turns to him, "It's Camilla!!!" She goes through the four S's: Squeaks, Slaps, Screams and Sashays.

I roll my eyes, as we walk into the cafeteria.

Conversations pauses, but continues after a minute. As per usual.

People don't remember who you were in freshman year when you're a sophomore. They remember who you were last year and maybe the end of the year before. But two full years ago, people's memories aren't that long. So they see me as the girl in the back of the classroom I am now and have been for almost two years. They fear me. Yet they don't know me.

We sit outside on our normal picnic table.

"So how's the first day of school?" He asks me.

I'm laying across one bench and he's laying across the other.

"Hey, who's Lucas Johns? Goes by Luke?" I ask.

"Why gotta crush?" You can hear the smirk in his voice.