Chapter Thirteen

I roll out of bed. It's finally Friday. On Monday I have to go to my new classes but since the quarter ended on Thursday, we have off today. Teacher work day.

My to do list for today is;

1. Get up

2. Get dressed

3. Eat breakfast

4. Workout

5. Shower

6. Change

7. Watch The Office, Parks and Recreation, Pretty Little Liars and Once Upon a Time

That's hopefully, all I have to do today.

So I get up, and walk to my closet. I open my dresser and pull out a black sports bra, black loose muscle tank and black spandex leggings. I slip on my black Nike Free-Runs (is there a dash between the two words? Sorry I don't know) I put my hair up in a high ponytail and grab my phone and headphones. I tuck ten dollars into my shoe for water. Before I leave my room I grab a white sweatshirt.

I walk down the hall to the staircases.

"Minty!" I turn and roll my eyes when I see Luke. He's been nothing but rude to me all week.

"What? Going to call me a slut because of my leggings?" I roll my eyes.

"No. Are you going on a run?" He asks.

"Yeah. What's it to ya?" I reply.

"Can I come?"

"No."

I run down the spiral stairs, careful not to trip. I walk out the front door and groan when I hear Luke follow me.

I put my headphones in, blaring my music. I block out the rest of the world, not even really knowing where I'm going.

I didn't know that I was running so fast, for so long when I notice that Luke fell behind.

I slow my running to a stop, turning to see him keeled over and holding himself up on his knees.

"You okay?" I ask. Not out of breath, but a little tired. Definitely not as tired as poor Luke.

"...just...tired...you...run..fast.." He mumbles.

"I'm going to keep going. I'll meet you at the park when I've had enough running." And I'm off.

._.

I walk into the park. I probably ran two miles, only to realize I'd have to run back. So I ran about four miles.

I got two water bottles from a vending machine back a ways. I chugged the first, slowly sipping the second one now.

"Minty!" Luke smiles walking up to me.

I could smell the alcohol from about a yard away.

"How'd you get drunk? I was only gone an hour!" I glare.

"I had one drink!" His eyes get really wide.

"How big was the drink?" I baby talk.

"This big!" He puts his arms out.

"How did you drink a drink that big?"

"CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG!!" He yells.

"Oh lawd." I roll my eyes.

I take my phone out and call Sam.

"Yello?" He answers.

"Hey, can you come to the park on," I look at the street sign closest to me, "Spring Street South?"