Chapter Twenty-Three

I walk to the kitchen, go to the pantry and walk in. The pantry is a walk-in closet with more shelves. I curl into a ball under a shelf. As I lay my head on the ground, a tear slips down my cheek.

Jay and I have been friends since we were tots. He knows everything about me, my feelings, how I think, what I think, everything. But that means nothing to him. It was all a trick. His parents were even in it!

I lay there, crying and think about all of the memories of Jay and I.

:'(

"Minty?" Someone picks me up.

"I tired." I mumble, snuggling into their shoulder.

<><><><><><>

I slowly open my eyes, blinking at the bright light. I try to remember coming to my room, but I come up with nothing.

I get out of my bed, then walk out to the hallway.

"Minty, you're awake!" Zach walks over and wraps his arm around my shoulder.

"Hey," I smile up at him.

"So, I was thinking. And we're going on another date tonight." He smirks.

"Do I have no say in the matter?"

"Nope."

I smile at him, "What time are you picking me up?"

"5:31."

"See you then." I turn and walk to my room.

I go to my bathroom and take a nice long, hot shower. Then I put my hair into braids so it's wavy. I walk to my closet, to pick out an outfit. I pick a black skater skirt, grey sweater, black infinity scarf, maroon knee-high socks and black flats. I put on tights underneath the skirt because it's getting cold here.

I get dressed, then go to my floor length mirror to do my hair/makeup. I take the braids out of my hair. It's dried-ish and wavy. I get my liquid eyeliner and do a thick cat eye.

@.@

I walk down to the kitchen to make myself some hot cocoa since I have an hour and thirty-seven minutes before Zach going to pick me up.

I sit in the sunroom, looking at the lake. We have a lake back there, they swim in it in the summer and ice-skate on it in the winter. It is very pretty in the snow. The white sparkles surronding the ice, the ice is too thin to skate now.

Zach runs down the stairs, eyes wild. I jump out of my seat, leaving my hot cocoa. I run up to him grabbing his shoulders forcing him to look at me.

"Whats wrong?" I ask worriedly.

"Its Victor, he is missing." Zach runs his hands through his hair.

"Well what are we doing lets go find him." I walk to my seat and grab my purse.

"No, you are not coming." He says sternly.

"Why is that?"

"You need to watch my brothers. Dylan, if they get hurt while we're gone- If she gets a hold of them." He looks so pained.

"Zach, I'll watch them, them all at once. I will not let them out of my sight. I promise." I hug him tightly. I pull back, "Only if you promise, you will come back to me."

"I Promise, Dylan. And when I get back, we're leaving this wretched place. We'll across the country, to whatever state you want. We can and will go where ever you want!" He picks me up by my hips and twirls me around.

I smile down at him my hair and skirt flying around wildly. He sets me down on the shiny floors.

"I'll see you soon." Zach hugs me, tightly. I hug him back just as tightly.

Zach gets Jeff and Sam. I call Kyle, Henry, Carter and Chuck to have a Disney marathon.

We watch Toy Story. As the ending credits roll in, all power in the house goes out. I gasp, there is no storm, no wind. This was no natural disaster, this was no accident.

I tell everyone that we'll deal with the problem later and we should all go sleep in my room. Before we go up, I make a lot of caffiene filled coffee. I go upstairs, the boys squeeze onto my bed, since the biggest one is only my height. They all are small which is good. I sit on a bean bag, next to the bed with Chuck on my lap.

I stay awake until midnight, when Zach tries to sneak in quietly. Even though he did check in on us.

"They're all here." I whisper.

"Thank you, Minty. I could not thank you enough." He hugs me.

"Is Victor okay?" I ask.

Zach's face turns cold. "We didn't get him back. Tomorrow Jeff, Sam and I are going to meet them on a different gang's ground. This other gang promised our safety, because they're rivals with Helen's gang. We are not a part of they're gang, they're doing this because its an easier way to stop her."

"Honestly, that's probably the best idea." I say.

()()()()()

Author's Note

I think I'll write maybe, MAYBE, seven-ten more chapters. Plus an epilogue. I feel like that is the best way to really get the rest of the plot out. And to finish the story without rushing it.

Guys, this book has three hundred eighty-two reads, that's crazy! Thank you guys so so so much!!!

-A<3