Chapter Fourteen

I smirk at down at Sam. He thought he was smart, challenging a little girl to a wrestling match.

It was fun though.

Back when James and I had been dating he thought it'd be a good idea to teach me 'self defense' incase I got myself in a sticky situation. Funny how I've been getting myself into many of those lately. But his idea of 'self defense' was wrestling. When we wrestled it was all in good fun, but he thought I would need the skills of being able to flip someone when your arms and legs are tightly held down.

That's also why I'm good at running. James trained me. I can handle a gun, too. He taught me survival skills as well. But the one he focused mainly on was defensive. And I would easily call myself a master in defensive.

Defense would include hiding, right? If it doesn't then I'm a master at that also.

"Thought you could beat this?" I raise a challenging eyebrow.

"Now, while you look very hot right now, you just passed test one." Sam says.

I let him get up.

"What?" I squint my eyebrows in confusion.

"You'll understand soon enough." He looks at his watch. "Luke, Victor and Jeff will be home at around sunset. Once they are they'll explain it everything."

"What do I do until sunset?"

"Stay in the house. And no matter what, don't leave. Trust me it's for the best." Sam states.

"Okay..." I trail off.

I go up to my room to shower. I then change into black sweatpants and my Jack Daniels muscle tank.

I pull my wet hair back into a ponytail.

I have a long wait until its sunset. It's only 11AM. Sun sets around 6PM since its winter.

Flashback

"James, at least give me a hint as to where we're going." I demand.

"Dylan! I said no. It's a surprise." James melodic laugh fills my ears.

He leads me a bit further than uncovers my eyes.

"No way," I gush.

I stare at the white powder that covers, well, everything! In the sun, it sparkles a bit. Almost blinding, really.

"So, do you like snow?" James smiles.

"How'd you know I've never seen snow?" I bewilderedly ask.

"Your mother saw that it was going to snow today, and told me."

"I love it." I pat the powder. Even scoop some into my hand.

"I figured we could do today's lesson out here."

"Aw, can't we skip a lesson? Pretty please?"

"Not even with a cherry on top."

I sigh, "I hate these stupid training lessons. It's not like I'll ever use what I've learned. If I ever was threatened, you'd save me. You are my Prince Charming."

James hugs me close. "Even so. There are people in this world, people who would hurt anyone to get what they want. Some even want to hurt people."

"I know all this!"

"But what if something was to happen to you?"

"You'd be there to help me!"

"But what if I was hurt or not there?"

"What's with all these what if's! It's like you're planning on not being there for me if I was in danger."

"I just want to be prepared. I want to know that you could easily handle yourself."

I realize this is all for my safety, and we practice.

End of Flashback

I slide the disc for the movie Grease into my laptop.

I'm just watching movies to pass time.

I'm basically counting down the seconds until they'll be home. I want to know what's going on. Why was I tested on my defense skill. And I bet this has something to do with why I was circled the other night in the sketchy neighborhood.

$.$

-A<3