Chapter Sixteen

I try to roll over, but I'm held down by something. I open my eyes, almost screaming when I see arms wrapped around me. Events from last night flood my mind.

"Morning, Minty." Zach smiles.

I was about to reply when I remember I haven't brushed my teeth. I get up and run into my bathroom. I brush my teeth and use some mouthwash to make sure that my breath doesn't smell like a skunk.

"Sorry, I had to make sure my breath doesn't smell bad." I blush.

He laughs.

"So I have a question. Well two actually." I remember.

"Shoot," he smiles.

"First, did you get everyone to call you Luke because you didn't want me to link you to Zach?"

"Yeah, I normally go by Zach. I'm gonna go by it now."

"Oh. Secondly, where do you go during dinner?"

He freezes, "U-Uh, no where."

"Zach, you have to be honest with me. I need to be able to trust you."

Zach sighs. "I go to clubs or bars or parties."

"Ooh. That's not as bad as I thought."

"What'd you think?"

"That you went to some girl's house..."

"No, nothing like that. Don't worry."

I smile, then sigh. "We should get up."

"Why?"

"We have school..."

"Shoot."

Helen walks into the room. "Oh god," she covers her eyes. "I'm so so sorry."

"Helen, we're both dressed. It's okay," Zach laughs.

"Oh thank goodness!" She laughs. "School's canceled because of the snow." And she walks out.

"Well that settles that," Zach lays back down.

I get up, go to my bathroom, shower then change in the bathroom. Zach's still in my room, so I'm not walking out unless I'm dressed. I just wear skinny jeans and a white tee-shirt with a black camisole underneath.

I walk out to find Zach on his phone staring out the glass balcony door.

"What?! You said we'd have at least three days! Yeah I know we need to get her to safety! Okay, okay, I'll calm down. But where are we taking her? You're right. Okay. Meet you downstairs." He hangs up, turning my way. Zach jumps when he sees me there.

"I'm guessing I'm leaving?" I ask.

"Don't worry, I'll be there." He smiles.

"Yeah, I know." I walk to my closet. I grab my JS and throw clothes into it. I grab a bunch of hair ties and put them on my wrists.

I grab my phone, charger and headphones. Then throw my JS on my back.

I walk downstairs, with Zach following me.

"What did you tell the others?" I ask in a whisper.

"Victor said it was a family vacation." Zach whispers back.

"To where?"

"The mountains. Or it's a cabin we own in the mountains."

"Like the one we went to?"

"Much bigger, but yeah."

Chuck, Carter, Henry, Helen and Victor are taking the Pathfinder. Jeff, Sam and Kyle are taking a Jeep. Zach and I are taking my truck.

"Ready?" Zach asks.

"Yeah." I nod.

And we're off.

•<•
^

"Hey, Minty, wake up." I mumble something in response.

"C'mon, we're at the cabin. I want you to see it." Zach lightly shakes my shoulder.

I unbuckle and get out. I look at the cabin. Holy cheese.

It's made of logs, it's not as big as the mansion but its as pretty. We walk inside and it's modernly decorated. It's a six bedroom six bath house.

Jeff and Sam are sharing a room, Kyle and Zach are, Carter and Henry are too. Chuck and I have our own rooms. Helen and Victor are sharing a room, but that's a given.

Helen shows me my room.

"I heard they told you about the gang yesterday." Helen smiles sympathetically.

I remember Victor saying only the group of them knew about the gang. Something's fishy.

"Gang?" I laugh, "Like in stories on Wattpad, right?" I laugh a little longer.

She stares at me then turns on her heel and walks out.

I look around the room. There's a wooden desk, dresser and bed frame. The comforter is white. I brought my mint fluffy blanket though.

I walk down the hall to Zach's room. I knock first.

"Come in," Zach calls.

I walk in and see him and Kyle unpacking.

"I'll leave you two to it." Kyle walks out.

I sit on Zach's bed.

"What's up?" Zach asks.

"I talked to Helen just now," I whisper.

"And?"

"She asked if Victor told me about the gang."

"But she doesn't know about it," Zach stops unpacking, "We need to tell Victor."

I follow quietly, hoping Helen didn't hear us.

We go to the family room where Victor is playing with Chuck on the floor. Luckily, Helen is in the kitchen on the other side of the house.

"Victor," I whisper.

He looks up.

"We need to talk, privately." I whisper, as much as I love Chuck, he's a tattle tail.

We walk out of the house and stand just off the porch.

"What's wrong?" Victor asks.

"It's Helen." Zach says.

"She came to my room, asking if you told me about the gang." I say.

Victor pauses, "But she doesn't know about it."

"Exactly," Zach says, I nod.

"We should get inside." Victor walks in.

Zach and I follow.

\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/

AUTHORS NOTE

HEY GUYS

So yeah still lost creativity for these.

But

CHAPTER SIXTEEN?!?

LIKE WHAT?!?!?

Okay, sorry.

Bye!!!

-A<3