Chapter 19

Ashley's pov

I didn't realize that tears were still pouring down from my eyes while I walked home.

I saw his car speed past me but screeched to a halt few centimeters away from me. He came out and rushed to me
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you cry" he said and he stretched his hand to my face but stopped when he saw my frightened expression like he didn't trust himself to touch me.

He balled his fist and placed his hand down and hung his head low.

"I'm so sorry" he whispered

"Please just let me take you home at least I would be at peace to know your safe home" he paused to look at me

"I know you hate me and don't want me near you but please am begging you to please accept my apology, I'm so sorry I didn't mean to hurt you in the past and i dont and will never hurt you again. Just tell me you forgive me. I have lived with this guilt inside of me for six years Ashley, and I don't want to make the same mistakes again."

I looked up at him my tears kept falling down from my eyes. "I already forgave you. Do you think I would stand in the same place talking to you if I didn't forgive you? "

He didn't reply.
I cleaned my tears and closed my eyes counting one to ten so I could calm down.

I opened them again "okay you can take me home"

"No pl--- wait what you agreed?" He asked not believing

"You want me to change my mind" I asked a small smile playing on my lips

"No no I wanted to make sure I heard right. Sorry...... Come" he said taking my hands and wrapping them with his.

He took me to his car which was a black mustang... damn that car's a built.

He opened the door and waited until I sat before he closed the door. I looked through the mirror to find him fist bumping in the air and grinning like a kid.

I chuckled at his childish attitude. I guess something's never change. He was like that in high school and that was when ever I agreed to do something for him.

I didn't realize he was already driving when this cool air blew. I looked out the window and it was already rolled down. How did he.... Oh I forgot he knew me

I brought my hand outside the window to feel the midnight air. He stopped at a restaurant and I looked at him questioningly

"Sorry I'm hungry hope you don't mind if I grab a bite? " he asked

"No go ahead I'll just stop a cab" I said smiling. You know I didn't want to be a burden to anyone.

"No" he yelled

I was startled

"Sorry I meant if you would join me. I figured you might be hungry too?" He said and I saw in his eyes the fear of rejection.

I sighed and nodded

He grinned widely and muttered a "YES" under his breath thinking I wouldn't hear. But I did

I smiled and opened my door and he yelled "wait" and he quickly came out if his side if the car and helped me out and closed the door behind me.

Damn what's with all his yelling. I rubbed my temple cause I was already tired.

He led me inside but don't forget, he wrapped his fingers with mine. And when he did he took a deep breadth and smiled what seemed like satisfaction.

Satisfaction????

The restaurant was almost empty and he led us to one close to the window that had a good view of the city.

"Wow" was all I could mutter

The waiter came to take our order and we did. Afterwards we ate in silence.

I looked up at him to tell him thank you for the food. With the look on his face, he seemed in a deep thought.

"Um Ashley do you mind if I ask you one question? " he asked looking nervous

"Uh- no. Any problem? "

"No its just that when you said you had a flight to catch in the morning back at our spot. Are you leaving?? " his expression was unreadable

I sighed and answered "yeah... I'm leaving for New York by 9 in the morning "

He looked down like he was hurt but soon masked it forcing a smile on his face but I know him so I knew it was forced.

"Do you mind if I take a selfie with you.. You know a special some one once said that every moment needs to be on camera" he said smiling at me making me blush, so he still  remembered what I always told him back in high school. 

"You know there's nothing for me here rather than past memories which I decided to let go and start a new like with good memories. So I needed to leave " I added maybe it would make him feel better

"Okay I understand. Let's leave so you can rest. Come on" he said with his hand stretched out to me.

I took his hand and stood and we went to the car and he started driving note he was still holding my hand. He drove with one hand and held my hand on the other.

I resisted the urge to sleep but I didn't win so I just let sleep take me.

I don't know how long I slept but I felt something soothing, or should I say something warm brush my hair, rubbed my cheek and what made me open my eyes was when I felt something warm on my lips.

I opened my eyes and looked around to realize we were already at the front of my apartment.

How did he..... Oh I forgot, he has my resume/ documents in his office which held most of my information.

"Thanks for the ride. And sorry I slept off and there was no one for you to talk to while you drove me here" I said looking down

I felt him raise my chin to look up at him and I felt electric shocks run down my body.

"Don't worry, I was okay as long as I had you inside my car and I was able to hold your hand, I was more than okay" he said with admiration in his eyes

I looked down and stepped back "um so yeah goodbye and drive home straight when I mean straight I mean straight home, no branching anywhere. Understood?" I said

He chuckled "yes ma'am". He said giving me a mock salute.

I didn't know what came over me when I walked closer to him and hugged him. I felt him freeze but hugged me back tightly his face in my neck and his breath on my neck making me shiver.

Damn my knees almost gave me away

I pulled out of the hug before things got out of hand.

"Goodbye" I said waving my hands

"Yeah bye. Safe journey " he said looking down. I saw something like tears in his eyes but I brushed it off as an imagination.

I mean Ashton Stone never cries

I watched his car drive away and I sighed. I miss him alredy.
What 😉 I guess I... I l.. Like him

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
This is a make up for not updating earlier

Thank you lovelies

Vote and I'll give you a shout out in the next chapter

Nittaporch💖💖