Chapter 22

Shout out to @shortcake243
Shout out to @ jenny1259
I ❤You girls

Ashton's pov

She was so beautiful, I mean I know I'm staring at her like a creep but I don't care, I can't stop looking at her.

We are currently in a restaurant I booked for us before I went to get her from work. So imagine how I would have felt if she had not changed her mind.
If she had refused, I wouldn't have forced her but I'll know how I'd feel.

I'm still staring intently at her while she ate. She doesn't care who is watching her, she eats until she's satisfied.

My breath hitched when she suddenly looked up and caught me looking at her and her eyes widened and she blushed deep red.

God I loved when she blushed especially if I'm the reason she's blushing.

She looked at my plate to see it untouched and she looked at me frowning.

I just gave her my awarding smile and gesturing her to eat up and she nodded happily diving back to her food. She's someone who doesn't joke with her food. So imagine my face seeing her so lean meaning that she'd lossed some weight.

When she finished eating, I paid for the food and I held her hand as we walked to my car praying silently in my head that she doesn't pull her hand away.

Surprisingly, she didn't.

We drove in silence. A comfortable one if I might add.

I didn't want to drop her off yet so I'm trying to think of a place that would be comfortable for both of us. And also I'm planing on confessing my feelings to her. And damn I'm so nervous I don't  know how I would feel is she rejected me.

I decided to go to the less crowded park. Hoping she wouldn't question me.

We reached the park and Surprisingly she didn't. Instead her cute big eyes lit up and she was grinning happily clapping her hands like a kid.

"The park!" She said squealing

I laughed at her childish attitude.

Wow I haven't heard myself laugh in a while so laughing out loud was refreshing.

We strolled to the farthest bench so we wouldn't be disturbed and sat. we sat in silence until she broke the silence with her question.

"What are you doing here, I mean in New York "

I didn't know what to say
"I uh.. I...... "

She slapped her forehead as if remembering something "oh.. Don't answer that, I always forget you are a CEO and can travel anywhere for meetings. So your here for a meeting?"
She asked with her big innocent eyes staring intently at me.

I couldn't resist those and I can't lie to her when she used them on me.

"Um no?" I replied unsure of my answer

"N-no?" She said looking at me frowning

Shoot... I think its time for me to tell her about my feelings right??
I was already sweating. What if she just laughed it off as a mere feeling, what if she doesn't feel the same way, what if she walks away, what if.....

Damn

There were so many what ifs in my head

I decided to just go with the truth

"I'm actually here for someone. A special person " I said slowly in a lowered voice

"Oh.." She said like it's nothing.

"You mind if I ask who?"she asked.

I didn't reply cause I was thinking of what to say.
I didn't want to go too extreme making her leave me.

"You" I finally said with boldness....
I wasn't going to back out anymore. I can't stay without her.

She keeps my sanity intact.

"I··I···I love you" I whispered looking down. Scared to see her expression whether she wanted to laugh or..... I don't know

l waited..

Five seconds

Ten seconds

Fifteen seconds....

And nothing

So I raised my head to look at her face. She was lost in thoughts. she is here but her mind is far away. She looks frozen, tensed, you name it.

Don't ask me how cause I know and I can still read her expression.

I turned and grabbed her little face in my large hands and it fit perfectly. She looked at me then looked down.
I lifted her chin so she would look me in the eyes.

"Angel I said I love you"

"I.. I I uh" she stuttered
I guessed she was short of words.

I know I want to hear the same words from her but I'll will wait to hear her say the same words to me no matter how long it took.
I don't want her to feel pressurised or anything.

"Angel You don't need to say it back now. I said it cause that's how I feel and I want you to also say it when you feel the same OK?" I said these words slowly and she nodded her head.

I pulled away and looked around. The park was empty now.
Wow we stayed for that long??

After sometime, I felt pressure on my shoulder and when I turned to look.... It was her, my baby girl she wasn't sleeping she just rested hey head on my shoulder.

My heart beat increased. And the scent of her shampoo was driving me nuts. It was like strawberries and lavender mixed together.

She asked a question that made guilt creep inside me.

"You remember when we were in the park back then in high school and I asked you how you'd see us in six years time... You remember your answer?" She asked softly

"Yeah.. I do...... I said I saw us married and us being joint CEOs running our company. With you pregnant and planning to work from home cause I didn't want you to stress yourself and our baby"

Yeah it feels like yesterday we made that promise but its six years past.

"You remembered" my angel whispered in shock looking at me.

I turned to look at her "I remember it like it's yesterday."

Ok people 💃💃💃💃💃💃💃
How was this chapter

what do you want to happen in the next chapter????

The next chapter depends on you guys... so comment what you want