Chapter 10

"Joel? Whats going on?" I tripped and stumbled after him over the rough stoney ground.

"Im... sorry its just it feels like there is a storm coming and I think we need to get away from the forest. Look at it, how creepy it is." His voice sounded odd, pinched and anxious but at the same time gutteral and estranged. He pulled me harder away from the forest.

"Ow, Joel your hurting me. Let go!"

"Hales, i just need you to trust me here." He stopped turning to look at me gripping the tops of my arms tightly.

"Joel your scaring me! Let me go!" He was cutting off the blood supply and jarring my muscles but most of all he was sending shivers down his spine. He was acting so weird all of a sudden. He had never been like this before.

"Come on." I grimaced his eyes frenzied forehead like a piece of lined paper.

"No stop! Let me go! Whats wrong with you." I cried out as he squeezed my arms even tighter. "Please you've got to put me down!"

The sky rumbled above us a fork of lightning flashed down into the forest.

"Put her down." A low growling voice came from behind me and i jerked my head around to see who was there. Suddenly one arm locked around my waist and one hand gripped the back of my neck. "Don't turn around, Miss Hayley."

"What does it matter if she see's us Lysander." Another voice came. "Aelfric-"

As soon as that name was mentioned me head erupted in shattering pain i cried out and collapsed the in the mans arms slumping toward the pebbled ground. I couldnt hear anything, i could barely see as the fog closed in over my eyes but i pushed against it. Joel released my arms and was thrust backward by one of the men. They had long blonde hair and were wearing silver and icelandic blue cloaks.

The one who held me swept me up into his arms and i could do nothing to stop him. I was vunerable and lifeless in his arms. His eyes were very wide his lips moving impossibly fast.

In the background i could see joel shouting and howling restrained only by two more of the strangers.

The last thing i saw before i dropped into the blackness was a familiar feline face.