Chapter 15

Dooo do doooooooooo I am so into writting write now :) so im churning out another chapter just for youuuuuuu :D please read it :'( DONT FORGET MEEEEEEEEEE

When i woke up i ached but at least i was alone. I had been tired, so tired that i couldnt sleep that i couldn't comprehend being so tired again.

The room was empty, almost all the furniture that had been in there before was gone. The only thing that was left was illuminated space and the bed that i was lying on. I was burningly hot under all the blankets.

I pushed them off of me carefully only to gasp at my yellow blue and red skin. I was so bruised that i could scarecly find a scrap of skin unscathed. When i did it was on the back side of my knee.

"Miss Hayley?" A slender nymph like girl slide into my eyeline. "Are you ok."

I didnt know what to say so i just gestured to my skin. She pursed her lips and walked to the side of my bed.

"Be careful, you've only just begun to heal." She warned.

"Can i speak now?" My throat was incredibly painful but i could get the words out. They were incredibly quiet and raspy as they ran up my sore throat. But they were there and thats what mattered.

"I think you just answered your own question."

"Wait why have i only just begun to heal?"

"We dont understand it either.All we can say is that the damage was substantial."

"Better bruised then six feet under."

She looked at me questioningly. I had forgotten what elves were like. "Dead." I explained.

SHe looked agahst but then titled her head to the side and nodded as if in acceptance. "Thara said you might feel uneasy or ill for a while."

"I'm not ill!" I wailed hoarsly. I need to get up and move.

"Ok." She shrugged and wouldnt look me in the eye. "My name is Aelflaed."

I gasped as i recognised her as the young woman from before. She smiled at my recognition.

"I am Aelfrics sister."

"His sister?" I asked suddenly incredulous.

"Yes, now please keep your speech to a minimum."

I nodded and swung my legs over the side of the bed. She lent me her hands to help me up and with a little help and a little wobbling i was standing again.

"Aelflaed?" A melodious but booming female voice called.

"Yes, Cwenhild?"

I recognised the name.

The owner of the voice rounded the corner and i saw the difference between the two immediatly. Her face was fuller and she was of a stronger less willowly build. She was so far from being over weight though. Slender but stronger somehow. Her eyes were sharper and she tracked my every shake and wobble.

"So this is Hayley." she mused gazing up and down my not very tall body.

I was leaning heavily of Aelflaed.

"Could you be nice? please? Shes really important." Aelflaed eyed her with a very firm gaze.

"Mmm...Have you seen Aelfgifu?"

"She's probably with father."

"Deorwynn?"

"Probably with father."

"Hereswith?"

"I dont have time for this! Do you know where Elvina is?" Aleflaed snapped.

"She said she was on her way when i passed her out by the lake."

"Well if you see her, tell her to hurry on up here. I have alot of work to do. Is Aelfric around?"

"No, hes busy. I can send Cuthwulf up here if you like?"

"That would be helpful thankyou."

"I'll see you both later."

I wavered on saying goodbye to Cwenhild, but i didnt know her. I satyed silent and just nodded lightly. She disapeared around the corner and i let out a long breathe i hadnt realised i was holding.

"Right, i'll get you a change of clothes."

She let me settle back onto the bed and disapeared, I revelled in the shortlived silence.

She reapeared with a long reem of sheer white cloth. The wafted it and i saw that it was in face a layered floor length long sleeved dress.

She left me while i changed and when she returned a very tall man with strong nordic features and golden brown hair followed her peering at me curiously.

"This is Cuthwulf, hes Cwenhilds partner He isa wood elve."

That explained the differnet hair.

"Hello, Miss Hayley."

He swept towards me and pulled me up into his arms walking quickly from the room. "Where are we going?"

"We have things to do before." he mused.

"Before what?"

"You meet the royal family." He shrugged.

Ta daaaaaaaaaa ok so we will pick this up again soon because i like this. I wrote it last night BUT vampire diaries started and i had to go before i could post.