Chapter 18

You

Make

Me

Smile

When

You

Comment

:) all my snow has melted -.-  Thankyou to all my new fans and my old ones :D Anywayyyyyyyyyy heres what you looked here for

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cuthwulf carried me to see Joel, walking in step with the king. Aelfric refused to come having sent several sharp looks his fathers way at the mere idea of me seeing Joel.

I needed to see him. I needed some normally no matter if it was only a fragment. Joel was like an anchor to hot air balloon. He kept my feet on the ground and my head on my shoulders and everything else imbetween.

Eveything was changing now, i couldnt even begin to imagine what my parents were thinking.

My parents. Who had been in the house when i was taken. Who had no awoken to my screams. My parents. They were Mine. And somebody had done something to them. I knew that they had. My parents may be careless at times but when i scream they come running.

I froze.

Blood pumping.

Heart beating.

Breath in my lungs.

I was still alive.

Were they?

I didnt dare ask, i stayed silent. Unable to make a noise.

They were hurt, or caught or worse...

I could see it all now. Blood spattered gore on every surface staining my parents bedroom with scarlet indelible ink. My parents bodies lay in the centre of the bed still locked in each others embrace, curled on there sides hfacing toward each other clinging on for dear life. While no breathe came from there bodies as from there sides spewed bloodied ribbons and hideous gashes cover them limbs and faces. A final heavy blow to the head to make sure.  Crushing their skulls.

I screamed. Silent. Internal. Agonising.

A door. open. A room. Extravagant. A bed. Filled. A boy. Familiar. A face. Joels.

Incoherent words that i could only shake my head to. A slam, a breeze and one long drawn out snore.

I sat. I sat. I sat.

Seconds, minutes, hours passed. Until trusting eyes opened and stared at me.

"Hayley, whats wrong?"

"Joel." A whisper.

"Hayley, whats wrong? talk to me!"

"Joel, Their dead."

"WHo? whos dead?"

"My parents are dead."

"What?"

"They are dead. Dead and gone. Cold and lifeless." I ranted, i cried, i screamed.

Many footsteps, another slam, ivory faces painted with anxiety.

"What did you do to her?" A harsh accusation.

"Nothing, what happened to her parents?"

"What? Nothing theyre fine, safe gaurded where ever they go."

"She just keeps saying 'they are dead, they are dead.' "

"Hayley your parents arent dead, they are safe as can be."

"How?" I asked.

"They were never harmed. When Aelfgar took you, he was only looking for you. No one else. THey didnt hear you screaming becasue he galmoured them not to hear."

I could breathe again.

"Give us a while. WOuld you?" Joel asked.

THey left and i was left sat on the end of Joels bed facing him, whoa body was half tucked under and half escaped from his scramble toward me.

They werent dead. How stupid of me. I blushed and looked away from him.

"Whats wrong Hales?"

"I feel stupid."

"SO you should." He said bluntly.

I looked up shocked at his cruelty only to see he was smirking. "Dont be mean to me I'm fragile." I grumbled.

"Fragile? Really? so doing this would be wholly inapropriate i guess." HE lunged forward probing his fingers into my sdies so that i yelped half with pain half with laughter.

"Stop! Stop! Please! I Give in! Mercy! You win!" I howled.

"Of course i do. I rein supreme. I am the ultimate winner of everything."
"And modest to."

"I've missed you Hales."

"I would have missed you was i not unconcious." I sighed,

"It's still unacceptable that you didnt." His attempt at a serious face was not successful. At all. He ended up looking like a horribbly demented squirrell.

"My apologies. I miss you now."

He laughed uneasily. "so do you like it here."

"I dont know. I havent seen much of it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This chapter was kind of a filler so i'll try and update again soon :) sorry its so short and pathetic but vampire diaries is on in half an hour and i have things to doooo!

Vote!

Comment!

Fan!

 And if you are a really lovely person read my other stories, the reasonably good ones have covers :)

Happy 7th of december tooo youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :) x