Chapter 27

So, this is my last post before my birthday, BUT i have decided to have set a date for me to upload.

EVERY SUNDAY I WILL UPLOAD :D

This started as a thing of boredom, I didnt know what alefric was. Joel didn't exist and hayley was just a young girl, as it developed he was an elf joel became annoyingly alive and Hayley turned out to be in college. But thats how things work. I never imagined i would get 249 fans or over 95.000 reads. But i have and thats all thanks to you. So i promise ireally do sincerely mean this when i say thankyou. I read every comment and they make my day, knowing that someone like my imagination. Even with my pathetic spelling and grammar. Thankyou.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Walking round the curve of the lake now seemed familiar although I had only ran around it yesterday. It was early morning, just light enough for the sky to be intensely blue. The moon was still up, there was something ghostly and strange which made me grip Aelfric's hand even tighter. It sent a prickle down my spine but I couldn't draw my eyes away from it.

Joel was walking on my other side and while Aelfric's feet made no noise on the gravel path our human steps seemed incredibly loud.

The short grass that breeched the layer of pebbles beneath my feet was frosted. Gannon Quinlan and Godwine were accompanying us although they were walking away behind us. They kept gazing around as though we were under threat and it was setting me on edge. We were fast moving into my domain. The human domain, the place I understood and could play by the rules of.

For some reason I didn't feel threatened. I would be stupid if I wasn't afraid of Aelfgar, but what he had said had made me perhaps a little less wary of him. I was in no way fond of him, he was after all hell bent on killing me. But every time I thought of that I thought of how easily he could have killed me, but didn't. Aelfric and his brothers seemed to have many ideas about that, but none that they would disclose to me apparently. As soon as I walked into a room they would switch languages or cease conversation altogether.

I had made them promise that for the next few days Aelfgar would not be a subject of conversation and they had begrudgingly agreed.

My parents had gone on another holiday and I found myself wondering where they were suddenly finding all the money. We had barely gone on holidays when I was at home, perhaps one every other year, otherwise they had a shop to run and I had school to attend.

Joel seemed to be ignoring him just as I was trying to ignore our kiss.

I shook my head to try and clear it, I could see the house clearly now. It was mine and yet as I had been away so long it seemed to alien and strange. Like on housing estates and you go round your friends houses and its all the same but backwards. And its not full of your stuff, not your memories; instead its full to the brim with theirs. Or at least that was how My friend Annie had explained it to me. I had never lived on a housing estate. My closest neighbour was just under a mile away.

I squeezed Aelfric's hand lightly in anticipation, it wouldn't be exactly like before. But it was as close as we were allowed to get.

He smiled down at me and the wind blew his silky hair across my cheek, he tucked it away behind his ear with his free hand. I still found my self amazed by his ears, apart from that he might pass as human. A very tall, very beautiful almost luminescent but normal boy. A boy who had come into my house in the middle of the night and told me he didn't know what ice cream was. My utterly abnormal boy.

The house had been left unlocked and while The boys went in ahead I turned to watch as Joel stalked away toward his house.

"Joel!" I called.