Two | Escape

It's been a week since I got the scalpel. I hid it underneath the bucket he gave me to use as a toilet. I need to wait for the perfect opportunity. I only have one chance, if I blow it I'm never going to get out of here alive.

These past few days Dr. Edison, bet he's not even a real doctor, has just been injecting me with different coloured solutions that make me want to claw my veins out. The injections leave me muddle headed and unable to think clearly, that plus the lack of nutrients I'm provided with leave me too exhausted to do anything. He only feeds me every other day with just enough to help sustain my life, nothing more. For the past four years I have been in a constant state of hunger, and of course, pain.

I am seriously malnourished. If he doesn't kill me through his torture, I'm positive I'll die from starvation. I have no muscle left under my skin. My bones can be seen protruding out and my veins can be seen through my sun deprived skin. My skin is a light caramel colour, but its never been as pale as it currently is.

I need to wait until he tires of the injections and craves blood. That way I won't have the chemicals in the injections messing with my head when I escape. The pain will also help me be more alert and aware.

The door swings open. He grabs me by the arm and drags me out and into the lab located to the left of my cell. He continues to drag me into the room. I'm still affected by the last injection leaving my legs trembling, unable to support my full weight.

Like always he straps me to the table in the center of the room. He starts to hook me up to the monitors that reads my heart rate and blood pressure.

Once he's done he steps away and head towards the wall of torture. He selects a few knives and sharp thin spikes, turns towards me and speaks for the first time today.

"I though I'd switch things up from the last few days. My other lab rat just died a few days ago. It feels like its been forever since I've created a bloodied masterpiece." He walks towards me slowly trying to scare me. I am scared, but no way am I going to let him see that.

I stare at the mildew covered cement ceiling above me, trying to ignore him the best I can. He places his selected tools on a tray near the table. He picks up one of the thin spikes, it looks like an oversized thick needle, and turns towards me.

"Can you guess what I'm going to with this today? Hmm?" He asks me this like I'm suddenly going to start replying. In the beginning I did, but quickly realized it just adds to his sick sadistic joy. He enjoys hearing the fear and pain in my voice.

Understanding that he's not going to get a rely, he just continues what he's doing with a sigh.

He takes the spike and grabs my hand. He separates my fingers and takes a hold of one. He starts to slowly insert the spike underneath my fingernail. I can feel the warm blood drip from my finger as he picks up another and moves onto the next finger. The amount of pain just increases with each finger he finishes with. I close my eyes and refuse to show any signs of discomfort, after all this is nothing compared to everything else he has put me through. After he is done doing this to both of my hands, he moves onto my toes.

Once he is satisfied with his work he picks up one of the knives. With a smirk on his disgusting face he suddenly stabs it into my right thigh. Unable to hold back, I let out a cry of pain.

"Ah, music to my ears. Have I ever told you your screams have been the most beautiful ones I've heard so far?" He closes his eyes for a moment with an expression of bliss on his face. Once he opens them he goes to picks up another knife. He lifts my dirty grey shirt, that appears brown from all the dried blood, up until the bottom of my bra shows. Taking the knife, he creates long slashes across my skin. I bite my tongue hard enough to draw blood, refusing to let out another sound. He continues to do this for a while before he gets bored from my lack of reaction.