Three | Clifford The Big Brown Dog

Alpha King Zander Knight

"So, when do you want me to book you that surgery?" My Beta said while entering my office, running his hand through his brown hair.

"James, what the fuck do you want? What surgery?" I snapped back. I don't have time for his stupid bullshit. I have rogue attacks that need my attention.

I couldn't care less when they were just killing the members of the smaller packs surrounding mine, but recently they decided to kill one of our weaker omegas. No one is allowed to hurt my Black Rose Pack members unless I order it, so to put it mildly, I'm pissed. So, to fix this problem, I'm just going to kill all rogues within a certain mile radius of my pack. After all, I'm not know as the coldest, most heartless Alpha King who shows no mercy by just sitting around twirling my fingers.

"You know, the one to get that stick surgically removed from your ass," he says, looking me in the eyes with his brown ones while throwing me a stupid grin.

"If you don't get your ass to Moon Star by tonight, I'll take that stick and shove it so far up yours that you'll be coughing up shit," I glared at him, watching as his grin crumbled into a scowl.

Moon Star Pack is located a days drive away, and has been the most active area for rogue attacks. I'm sending James, along with a few of my strongest warriors, to kill any rogue they can find on their pack land.

"Dude, you need to chill. I'm going to be there for who knows how long. Gotta stock up on my precious Zan time before I go, just thinking of your gorgeous face'll help me sleep like a baby," has says with a wink, a smirk slowly appearing.

"And I'm all stocked up on memories of these so called 'precious times' to tell your mate all about once you've found him, along with a long list of names of everyone you've fucked," I say, sending him an evil smirk.

"Fine, I'm leaving, I'm leaving," he turns letting out a huff in anger and leaves my office in defeat.

James is my best friend, we've been friends for twenty-five years, since birth. He knows it pisses me off when he tries to flirt with me, so of course that gives him all the more reason to do it.

He's been desperate to find his mate since he turned twenty but that doesn't stop him from being a slut. I'm pretty sure he's slept with majority of the unmated gay wolf population in the pack. Yet he's constantly going on about his mate, telling me what his perfect mate is going to be like, and how his latest lay won't even be able to compare.

At times I wonder if I should hire a priest to preform an exorcism like they do in movies, because sometimes it's like he's possessed by a pre-teen, pop singer obsessed, fan girl. At least they know who they are obsessing over, James just has the non-existent fictional man of his dreams that he's created in his mind. Sometimes...no, actually all the time, I wonder how we've been able to keep our friendship going. I guess we crossed that line from friends to brothers many years ago, it's probably the only thing holding me back from snapping his neck in annoyance.

Twenty is the minimum age a person must be to be able to find their other half. Even if you yourself turn 20, you won't be able to recognize your mate unless they are also twenty.

Unlike James, I'm not looking forward to finding my mate. A mate for an all-powerful Alpha King like myself is only a weakness. No one dares to challenge me directly because they know I will simply snap their neck before they even finish saying what they want. Those who are against me will most definitely target my mate.

I honestly couldn't care any less if they would kill my mate, they would be doing me a favour by removing an obstacle from my way. My wolf Xavier on the other hand, would sacrifice himself before he allows any harm to come to his mate. I just pray to the moon goddess to pair me with a mate who's able to pull her own weight, not some weakling I'm going to be forced to keep a constant eye on so she doesn't accidently trip and kill herself. I'd prefer it if she simply didnt give me a mate even more.